Talk

Advanced search

Do I need a degree to get pregnant?!

(13 Posts)
Choccyhobnob Tue 18-Nov-14 15:54:45

It just seems so complicated! I've got so many numbers and charts going round in my head it's driving me mad!

Started off just marking the dates of AF. As they're all over the place I have now started using opks, and now charting BBT (although I don't know whether mine are high, low or normal and what it even means if they are high or low), and keeping notes on my CM (which always seems to be dry or sometimes creamy, no EWCM), now reading about soy isoflavins but the amount you take is dependant on when you ovulate (which I still haven't worked out) and how long your Luteal phase is (which I don't know).

I've got codes and numbers and charts all over the place and no kind of pattern at all!! I just feel like this is an a-level science class I'm failing miserably. The irony is I was always top of the class at school! grin but at the same time sad why is this so hard??

ChatEnOeuf Tue 18-Nov-14 15:59:17

Come join the Just Shaggers, we can't be doing with any of that scientific whatnot mostly. Your nickname suggests you'll fit right in wink

Choccyhobnob Tue 18-Nov-14 16:16:08

You mean that just having lots of sex can result in pregnancy? Ingenious! lol

liltoni83 Tue 18-Nov-14 17:06:33

hahaha. Brilliant, i have been trying this for 10 months and nothing yet!

Choccyhobnob Tue 18-Nov-14 17:11:11

liltoni what? Just shagging or all the charting malarkey??

lucygooo Tue 18-Nov-14 17:12:17

Maybe you're trying to do too many things at once? I was a bit like that at first. Work out what suits you best and doesn't drive you mad and just do that! For me it's charting but I know it's not for everyone.

On your temps, you can't compare to anyone else so the main thing you are looking for is trends in your temps, that's why you have to do it at the same time every day. Fertility Friend do a Charting 101 course smile

And if in doubt, just shag lots :D

liltoni83 Tue 18-Nov-14 17:13:22

A little bit of both.

I have been charting my most fertile days and calculating when im ovulating, i can actually feel it sometimes plus lots of shagging but im not having much success.

I due a test with the docs on my 21st day this month to check if i am actually ovulating.

smilingthroughgrittedteeth Tue 18-Nov-14 17:13:34

I used an app on my phone which did all the work for me it was called my days.

Pipbin Tue 18-Nov-14 17:14:34

Are you using paper or online? I would do it online. Fertility friend is good.
However, as a veteran of nearly 4 years ttcing I warn you to step away from the thermometer as that way madness lies.
It means that ttcing is the first thing you think of.

Choccyhobnob Tue 18-Nov-14 17:16:30

Thanks, does make me laugh to think about how paranoid we all were about getting pregnant as teens and it turns out it's actually quite a skill (albeit the one and only skill some people I know possess but that's another rant!)

Choccyhobnob Tue 18-Nov-14 17:17:45

pipbin I've only been taking temp for 4 days and already worrying the thermometer doesn't work or I'm doing it wrong! lol

liltoni83 Tue 18-Nov-14 17:18:53

I have downloaded 'Womans Log' and i can start storing all my info on there.

I was only saying to my friend today how i spent years avoiding a pregnancy scare and now i cant try hard enough to actually get pregnant ha!

Maybe if i tried not to think about it too much and just let nature take its course it would happen but every month im sat there waiting for mother nature to show her face like an anxious fool.

Choccyhobnob Tue 18-Nov-14 18:36:55

I use My calendar app which is quite easy but I was just feeling a bit overwhelmed today at all the different things you should look out for and track and what it means if I don't see what Im supposed to and don't get me started on cervix checking! Not going there (yet!) X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now