Talk

Advanced search

TTC and weight loss - when would you have mirena out?

(4 Posts)
Sothisishowitfeels Tue 18-Nov-14 10:38:34

DH and I would like to ttc as soon as possible BUT I would like to lose some weight before getting pregnant. I am doing weightwatchers and am on week three 8.5 pounds off so far. I am currently 179 pounds and my "ideal weight" is round 140ish (this puts me in a healthy weight range)

Wanting to TTC is a major motivation!

At what point would you think it would be good to have the mirena removed? We are itching to get going! After the mirena is out will it take a while for things to settle? or would it be better to wait until I actually reach my goal to have it out at all?

Thanks!

Writerwannabe83 Tue 18-Nov-14 12:25:25

I was pregnant 5 weeks after my Mirena removal smile

Well done on your weight loss smile

Sothisishowitfeels Tue 18-Nov-14 12:33:14

Thanks writer! 140 and ttc seems so far away atm! I am concentrating on christmas and getting a little healthier first - hopefully make pregnancy a little easier (I had high blood pressure in pregnancies before).

Treesandbees Tue 18-Nov-14 20:59:15

Well done on your weight loss so far!! I had the Mirena out and got pregnant that cycle. Unfortunately it ended in MC and I wonder if my body wasn't quite ready. If it was me (based on my experience) I would have it out a few months before and let my cycles return. It would also give you a chance to monitor ovulation signs etc so you know when to DTD!! Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now