Talk

Advanced search

TTC while stressed!

(3 Posts)
whootwhoot Sun 16-Nov-14 15:20:42

Hi - am hoping someone might have some advice! My DH and I have been planning to start ttc number 1 in December. We have had so much going on in our lives that we agreed to wait until things had calmed down and decided at the end of 2013 that it would be more sensible to wait a year. Well...that year has passed in what can only be described as a perfect storm of grave family illnesses, serious work related stress and various other unexpected but stressful situations that are still ongoing. We are still dead set on having children but as I am getting older (38) I know time is running out and we dont really want to push it out longer.
I am constantly stressed out at the moment and I'm sure having a baby would not ease that but the thing I am worried most about is if me being constantly stressed could harm the baby in any way? I'm terrified that I would pass on some of my anxiety to the baby - I'd never forgive myself if I caused my child to be overly anxious or worse, harmed the baby's development in any way. We haven't started ttc yet so I might have trouble even getting pregnant, but my cycles are regular and I am in reasonable shape, I've been taking my folic acid and have done all I can to prep.
Anyone have any thoughts or been through very stressful time while ttc and pregnant?

willitbe Sun 16-Nov-14 15:46:31

I would say just go for it, after I started ttc, I lost my job in very stressful circumstances and then conceived, I worried about the effect on my pregnancy. But my firstborn is now 11 years old and I really don't think that the stress then has affected him now.

There is rarely a perfect time to ttc, I would say just go for it if you want to! I hope it happens quickly for you.

whootwhoot Sun 16-Nov-14 17:02:58

Thanks willitbe. A friend told me once that if you wait for the perfect time to ttc you will never do it which I guess is right. So glad it everything worked out for you and your son.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now