Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage, implantation bleeding, decidual bleeding or weird period?

(21 Posts)
onestepforwardtwentystepsback Sun 16-Nov-14 13:32:13

I am very confused and hope someone can help. I last had a period from the 10th-14th October. I had sex from the 24th October throughout what would have been my most fertile time, and the last relevant time was 31st October. I expected my period to arrive any time from the 6th November. It didn't and I tested on the 8th and 10th and got negative. I then started getting pink CM on the 12th and then it went light brown. On the 14th, I bled bright red for a few hours and also got a very faint positive. Yesterday, I had red cm. None of this is like my normal period. Today, I have an even fainter positive. Saw my GP on Weds - review of my depression, following horrible miscarriage nearly a year ago - and explained. She wants to do a test with me but I'd just been to the loo (helpfully). She said a home test might not show up yet and to wait till this week (hadn't yet had any positive).

But now it's showing positive, what on earth could be going on? Googling myself crazy as none of the dates or anything make any sense and I'm so scared of getting my hopes up and then having them smashed again.

Thanks for any thoughts.

onestepforwardtwentystepsback Sun 16-Nov-14 14:12:34

Meant to say, am booked back in with GP week after next to discuss 'the outcome'. She's not there this coming week. I think she's scared that a bad outcome will set me back and I have been improving; I feel the same. She did say that, if I tested positive, I should use some of the old anti-depressants instead of my new type, so I have swapped just in case the outcome is OK.

onestepforwardtwentystepsback Sun 16-Nov-14 15:46:54

Anyone experienced this please?

onestepforwardtwentystepsback Mon 17-Nov-14 07:35:49

Thanks for the welcome and support at this really worrying and stressful time...

RainyLion Mon 17-Nov-14 15:40:44

don't have any experience of what's happening, but I didn't want to leave your post unanswered. I guess the positive test is more or an insight than the strange bleeding. I've had bleeding during pregnancies that both resulted in healthy baby and miscarriage so you never really know what's going on. my guess is that you are pregnant! It sounds like you should try and get an earlier appointment if you can. Good luck!

onestepforwardtwentystepsback Mon 17-Nov-14 17:51:44

Thank you, Rainy. I tried to get a blood test booked today but receptionist said I need to see my GP first and she's not in this week sad. I want to believe the test but don't get why the positive was so late and the bleeding scared me. Thanks for replying.

ChatEnOeuf Tue 18-Nov-14 15:56:56

Can't say for sure in your situation, but I recently had similar. Late AF, three negative tests. Over a week later, faint positive, same the following morning. Bleed for two days (presumed I miscarried). Tested a week or so later - strong positive. Still (hopefully!) cooking a nine-week bean. I guess I just ovulated later than normal (post miscarriage so certainly possible).

I guess serial bloods are the only quantitative way you can tell, can you call the midwives local to you and see if they can swing a blood test - or see a different doc? The waiting is utter torture, I know, but unfortunately only time will tell. In the meantime, I guess another pregnancy test could help. It should be becoming a stronger positive by now.

Best of luck, hope you get a positive outcome.

onestepforwardtwentystepsback Tue 18-Nov-14 23:28:04

Hi chat, thanks for replying. Got pains on my left side today, no bleeding, surgery won't do a blood test until I see a GP and no appointments, and a negative test this morning. Feeling pretty rubbish.

onestepforwardtwentystepsback Wed 19-Nov-14 09:43:19

GP surgery have found me an urgent appointment today, so hopefully can get some answers.

RainyLion Wed 19-Nov-14 13:35:23

good luck today, let us know how you get on smile smile

onestepforwardtwentystepsback Wed 19-Nov-14 20:48:51

Doctor's urine test was negative. Sent off blood test but results weren't back by the end of the day. She said it was most likely the tail end of an early miscarriage but could be ectopic, hence the blood test. Got pains all down my left side, especially round waist/ hip and near the left side of my pelvis. Worried, confused and really quite miserable.

ChatEnOeuf Wed 19-Nov-14 21:54:07

Really sorry, with a negative test it sounds like a chemical pregnancy or very early miscarriage thanks

Lots of support over on the mc boards if you need a chat. Hope you have someone to talk to in RL too

onestepforwardtwentystepsback Sun 30-Nov-14 14:02:46

So having accepted that it was an early mc/ chemical pregnancy, today I started another weird bleed - light and pinkish. I don't get this. My period shouldn't be due for at least 10 days. I had sex on the 21st but surely I wouldn't have been able to get pregnant again so soon for it to be implantation bleeding. So weird early period? Can mc mess up your cycle that much?

onestepforwardtwentystepsback Sun 30-Nov-14 14:04:42

Alright, maybe my period's due in a week. Still early.

onestepforwardtwentystepsback Mon 01-Dec-14 18:18:35

Is there no point posting anything unless you're on a 'bus'?

kezaroo Mon 01-Dec-14 21:55:53

Sorry to read this, onestep.

Yes I believe from what I have read on here that your cycle can go a bit 'weird' after a mc.

Don't feel disheartened about not having many replies. A lot of the other threads are more 'active' and people may have just missed the fact you had replied. With the rate people post on here sometimes threads get missed xx

onestepforwardtwentystepsback Tue 02-Dec-14 02:11:12

Thanks, Kezaroo. It's just such a worrying time and there are few people in RL who I can ask who have any knowledge, or who I want to know about what's going on. Thank you for replying.

artylady14 Tue 02-Dec-14 12:57:02

Hi there,
Just seen this thread. I have been in a similar situation. My cycle has been strange this month. After ovulation (according to FF, 10 days ago), my temps hovered around the coverline and I was worried I had low progesterone and might have a second chem pregnancy. Been to the dr today as I started bleeding and cramping heavily yesterday. It started with brown blood and spotting and, with being apparently only 9dpo, this was not a normal period pattern to me. The dr today confirmed that my prog was 6.7 on friday (I had it tested) but thinks this might be a period. I hope it is now. Felt a bit silly but some cycles can be so different, its confusing!

onestepforwardtwentystepsback Wed 03-Dec-14 22:10:30

Hi, sorry to hear about your experience. So confusing, isn't it? I don't want to go back to the GP only for her to tell me it's a weird period because I'd feel a fool. It's all so hard.

Noniks3 Thu 04-Dec-14 14:33:01

Hi onestep, not sure if this helps you but I had a chemical last month & this cycle was 5 days shorter than normal for me. It's so confusing I know, but hopefully your cycle will settle back down. x

onestepforwardtwentystepsback Thu 04-Dec-14 18:18:28

That's useful to know, Noniks. Thanks. Just wish my body would do what it's supposed to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now