Talk

Advanced search

Implantation bleed vs First period after childbirth

(4 Posts)
SnugLitttleBug Sun 16-Nov-14 10:59:57

Hi,

I'm new so I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, still learning my way around lol confused

DS is a year old next month (!!) and DH and I have decided to start trying for number 2.

I've breastfed DS every day of his life bar 1 when i was in for surgery but i expressed a bottle that morning for DH to take home from the hospital so that he at least had some breast milk that day.
So now he's only nursing to sleep, 2 naps a day and bed time (some days he will only take 1 nap instead) and most nights he'll wake for a feed so really it's like 3-4 feeds a day.

Since getting pregnant with DS i've not had a period and i know your first period after a baby can be a bit different, especially since it's been almost 2 years for me! I also know its not impossible to get pregnant before your first period after birth.

Which leads me to today…yesterday (about lunch time) i started bleeding, but only when i wiped after going to the toilet. I put on a sanitary towel and before bed there was a small amount on there, so i swapped to a clean one before bed. I usually have quite a heavy flow especially at night time and i woke up this morning feeling crampy and generally rubbish so what i was NOT expecting was to go to the toilet and find a completely CLEAN sanitary towel! That's really confused me. There's still some blood when i wipe but it seems to be slowing down even confused

I got to thinking and yesterday was 6 days from when DH and I did the deed so to speak, and i read implantation bleeding can happen 6-12 days after conception. But i also read that it wouldn't be red like fresh blood which mine is.

So i guess I'm wondering what other peoples experiences are…

Did you have implantation bleeding? Was it red at all?

Did anybody find their first period back after birth to be totally bizarre or did it just go back to normal??

Sorry for the long post and TMI, i'm probably just grasping at straws but i guess since it's not seeming like my usual period i was kinda hoping it was the implantation bleed!

Jessbags001 Sun 16-Nov-14 19:09:21

I didn't fall pregnant again until I'd completely finished breastfeeding (14months) but my periods came back at 5months. We didn't use any contraception in between. But it's not like that for everyone, so your bleed could be either. No way to tell but wait and see!

SnugLitttleBug Wed 19-Nov-14 15:07:11

Thank you,
I may have gotten a little too excited a little too soon, just good old AF checking back in confused.

Jessbags001 Wed 19-Nov-14 19:05:34

AF coming back is a step in the right direction though :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now