Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone tell me if they think any of these are Positive OPK's...?

(19 Posts)
Patientlywaiting2014 Sat 15-Nov-14 21:12:27

Welcome to this thread.. I'm hoping someone can help me and look at my pic to see is my OPK is positive? Thank you x

Goingintohibernation Sat 15-Nov-14 21:13:51

I would say the middle one is, and the bottom one is close.

tootsroots Sat 15-Nov-14 21:14:09

Hey! this was my dilemma a few weeks ago... i completely think any are positive but the bottom one is getting there! does that help?

tootsroots Sat 15-Nov-14 21:15:16

omg, i meant i DONT completely think any are +... ugh. the test line has to be darker than th control line.

bonzo77 Sat 15-Nov-14 21:19:09

None of them IMO. How often are you testing? What times of day? When were these from? Once I get one like your Middle one I test 2-3 times a day to try to catch it. 2pm, 4pm and 6pm. Usually get the +ve at the 6pm one.

Patientlywaiting2014 Sat 15-Nov-14 22:15:32

Thanks! I got these off the net I think about 20 in a pack... Fertility friend says I should be fertile this weekend but I've never used opks before. I've last months cycle I tested like crazy twice a day more or less all month with no positive at all.... This is closest I've ever been. All of these have been 6pm onwards. I struggle to test at work cos they are so bloody nosey! Thanks for your opinions, I really appreciate it smile

RedRose27 Sun 16-Nov-14 11:39:53

Just to say, I did the ovulation strips for 6 months and never once got a positive result even though I knew I was ovulating as I had ovulation pain plus my periods were like clockwork. We conceived on the 6th month still with negative test strips! Good luck xx

Patientlywaiting2014 Sun 16-Nov-14 12:01:32

Oh really? I dunno whether to believe these things! I jut did another just now and I got this: which I would say it's the darkest ever! But it's supposed to be ov day today so I would of expected it to be not strong?

KittyVonCatsington Sun 16-Nov-14 12:20:37

Bottom one is there but it could get darker so keep testing. Don't worry if it doesn't as they only have to be as dark OR darker than the control line.

However, just remember, an LH surge doesn't mean you will ovulate most of the time it does and the only way to truly be sure is to do your BBT temp or get "21 day" bloods done.

Either way, I'd DTD the day of the bottom one, next two days, wait a day then again once more for good luck on the 5th day grin

Patientlywaiting2014 Sun 16-Nov-14 12:54:00

This is all quite exciting! Thanks for your advice smile I think I shall smile I shall post again when I get a result from the tww xx

bonzo77 Sun 16-Nov-14 14:17:31

I'd say that's a +ve. Surge can occur within 12-36 hrs, so today could still be the day.

Re testing at work. Take a screw top sample bottle, collect your sample and test at home.

Patientlywaiting2014 Sun 16-Nov-14 22:32:27

Bonzo - that's a good idea! I'll do that! I did one this evening about 7.30 and it's completely negative....

Spanielpuppy Mon 17-Nov-14 11:15:55

When trying to conceive our ds I used these for a month got really upset and dishearten. Switched the clear blue digital with the smiley face much easy to read. Come up with a smiley face when I had ovulation symptoms. I used to buy them on eBay much cheaper.

Good luck

bonzo77 Mon 17-Nov-14 12:54:02

Sounds like you didn't test at precisely the right time, but very nearly. The LH surge is very short lived and easy to miss, hence needing to test often to call catch it.

Word of advice with the sample pots, I always end up pissing on my hand, so I also have a disposeable cup in my hand bag I wee in that then pour it into the sample pot. Then I put it in the sanitary bin. Use a proper sample pot, your chemist or gp will give you one. They don't leak if they're done up properly.

Patientlywaiting2014 Mon 17-Nov-14 17:19:54

Lmao! Words of experience! I managed it today with a water cup :0 will see what results are later! Travelling home on tram with pee in my bag.... Paranoid

tootsroots Mon 17-Nov-14 17:48:21

One lady told me to pee In the opks ic packet! Good for cheeky work testing!

Patientlywaiting2014 Mon 17-Nov-14 21:52:04

Haha - did you? I have these crazy visions of people doing the most insane things - all for the one thing they have in common : ttc

tootsroots Mon 17-Nov-14 21:54:13

<blush> I did.....

tootsroots Mon 17-Nov-14 21:54:31

blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now