Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is this an evap line?? :s I hope not!!

(18 Posts)
Wannabemummy14 Fri 14-Nov-14 08:51:53

Hi all. So this morning I did a test with first morning urine, the bathroom was darkish and I couldn't focus my eyes to see properly so just assumed negative so I left it and got my bath and just as I went to throw it away I saw a second line. I am ttc and I have never ever experienced an evap line in the years of using these test strips but I think it is but Can someone help. I'm around 10-11dpo and really wanna be pregnant. Thanks.

Boysclothes Fri 14-Nov-14 08:55:35

Have you put it on canyouseealine.com and inverted it? I find that the best way to differentiate evaps from lines. I sometimes do have pretty strong evaps on these tests but not every time. I hope it isn't!

HazleNutt Fri 14-Nov-14 09:00:47

I held the test against the light - evap lines were clearly grey, but my early BFP was pink.

Wannabemummy14 Fri 14-Nov-14 09:12:39

Ok I'll have a look. I don't know how long it was sitting there for that's the only thing. I'll hold it to the light now and have a look. And let you no. So if it's grey it's an evap and if it's pink it's positive? Xxxx

Wannabemummy14 Fri 14-Nov-14 09:18:10

Just looked. I think it's an evap line ;( it's too faint to even see colour. I'll just test again tomorrow until Monday. I have irregular periods so i don't know when my next one 'should' be but going off last month it's Monday. Xx

I only ever get faint lines in the early stages with those. I'd test with an FRER. I got a barely there faint line on an IC at 12dpo and later the same morning got a faint, but clearly visible, line on an FRER. Despite what we are told these Internet strips are not that sensitive! Good luck!

Number3cometome Fri 14-Nov-14 11:28:02

Don't bother with those tests, I have had a strong line on FRER and Clear Blue digital confirmation but my small pissy sticks still say BFN! x

WantToGoingTo Fri 14-Nov-14 11:30:44

Agree with the above - had awful evaps on those tests. But a strong positive pink line on a FRER at 10dpo. FRER are much clearer to see if there is a line or not smile

Wannabemummy14 Fri 14-Nov-14 15:35:05

Thanks everyone. What does cl mean? An what's a frer? I just didn't wanna pay out loads to be told I'm not preg if you get me. Xxxx

FRER = First Response Early Result; sure I saw a post somewhere with someone saying that they were BOGOF in Boots.

Wannabemummy14 Fri 14-Nov-14 20:56:11

I work in a chemist so bought one today. I have a feeling it will be negative though. Is 12dpo too early to test? Xxx

Number3cometome Fri 14-Nov-14 21:00:09

You can test now with first response x

Wannabemummy14 Fri 14-Nov-14 22:57:03

Ok. Thanks. I'll do one in the morning xxxx

hopefull2424 Sat 15-Nov-14 02:39:16

This is a picture of my test using an ic at 10dpo for you to compare. I used a frer the same afternoon and got a clear positive. Good luck

Wannabemummy14 Sat 15-Nov-14 08:23:46

Did another test strip and a frer and both negative. I'm on cycle day 30 and around 11-12 dpo. Due to irregular periods and pcos I don't know when I'm next getting a period. Was hoping this would be my month. Oh well. Thanks for all your help xxx

dorasee Sat 15-Nov-14 08:34:07

I cannot emphasise enough: ALWAYS get First Response. Spend the money, get a definitive answer. Otherwise we just sit there looking at these substandard tests as if we're deciphering the Rosetta Stone. I bought so many different tests in the past- to save money. They just aggravated me in the end.
All that being said, if this faint pink line appeared within say 10 mins then I'd say yes you're pregnant. But these tests, if left for ages, will eventually show a faint line such as the one you're seeing. Get a First Response... it never leaves you hanging.

Wannabemummy14 Sat 15-Nov-14 08:47:15

In the post above I said I used a FRER and a test strip. Both negative. So I'm obviously not. Gutted tbh but I'll get on with it as always xxxx

Number3cometome Sun 16-Nov-14 10:18:15

So sorry - you'll baby will come soon xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now