Talk

Advanced search

TTC does the frustration ever stop?

(21 Posts)
Glitterball86 Thu 13-Nov-14 09:53:58

Heya
I am new to mumsnet so please be kind smile
I came off cerazette in June and my partner and I have been ttc since without success
After stopping cerazette I have gone straight into regular 28 day cycles each month and have ovulation indicators each month (positive opks, egg white cm etc) but to no avail!!
Why is ttc so frustrating? My partner and I are both in our 20s and I have spent years trying to prevent pregnancy and now it seems getting pregnant is mission impossible!!!

Apologises in advance for my rant but wondered if anyone else feels the same or has felt similar?

Xxx

mollypollly Thu 13-Nov-14 10:12:25

Hiya Glitterball,

I SO know how you feel, but fingers crossed you will get your BFP very soon :-)

I too was on cerazette, cycles returned almost immediately and got pregnant on 4th month of trying...I know in retrospect now that that's not a long time, but it felt like torture at the time! I think the OPKs really helped me as I got my BFP after the first month of using them...even though we were doing it every other day on previous cycles (which I read was the best strategy!)

My DD is now 6 months old and I'm vaguely starting to think about no. 2 and when to start trying as not sure if it will take me longer this time!

Best of luck to you :-) x

dizzylemon Thu 13-Nov-14 10:26:16

Agreed! It's rubbish.

Perseverance I guess!

BeforeIChangeMyMind Thu 13-Nov-14 10:29:19

It took me 8 cycles, still well within the normal range. You'll get there. And once you do, there is no turning back! Good luck

dizzylemon Thu 13-Nov-14 10:33:10

As a background, I took my last pill packet in May, having been on it for 6 months after a coil.

Periods have been irregular since. Wish I'd never gone back on it! Seeing a doctor soon to discuss.

Grudging acceptance that everyone is different and this is harder for some then others. I know some who have successfully gone through IVF and a friend who has conceived without assitance after several years of trying.

It is total a* though!

mrsdos Thu 13-Nov-14 12:25:01

Hi all!
I'm in the same boat Glitterball. Stopped taking Cerazette a month ago so I am still waiting for AF to arrive, how long did it take to return?
My DH has confessed he just presumed not taking the pill = PG no questions asked!

Glitterball86 Thu 13-Nov-14 13:45:42

Ah mrsdos typical man!! I stopped the pill and had a light bleed for a few days after my last pill then straight into a 28 day cycle!!

It's so difficult ttc especially when so many others seem to conceive at just the thought of a baby

Ah well I'm sure all of our times will come soon enough and then we will have a whole new set of things to worry about smile xxx

BobsyBoo Thu 13-Nov-14 17:09:41

Hi Glitterball I'm finding this whole TTC very frustrating and upsetting, every month it gets that bit worse! I have been trying for just short of 2 years to conceive #2, I wasn't even on the pill before we started TTC. Was very lucky to conceive our first without trying but I desperately want a sibling for her.

mrsdos Men eh! They've no idea!

RoseOolong Tue 18-Nov-14 01:10:36

It is really frustrating! And amazing how fast you go from just being matter of fact about getting your period to totally dreading it and hoping that your PMS is actually signs of early pregnancy...

We conceived DD1 in about 8 cycles, and now a few months ago decided to 'stop not trying' - which means that my DH doesn't think much about it and I start being crazy broody.

DD1 is now 34 months, and I have gone from not feeling ready for more to suddenly realising there will be at least a 3.5 year gap. Which is fine, but I don't want a huge gap.

If nothing happens in the next few months I will start being a bit more proactive, but didn't do ovulation tests or anything first time round.

NewLeafExpat Tue 18-Nov-14 11:12:34

I was just looking at these boards for a way to unleash some TTC rage. at the moment I feel more rage than mild frustration.
sympathies to all other TTC-ers.

TTC #1 since January...

arrrgh fffffkkk sshhttt rrraaahhh! OK feel better...

NewLeafExpat Tue 18-Nov-14 11:14:36

if only we knew from the start, "relax, it will take 12 months and five days to fall pregnant" it would make life much easier rather than cursing your body for not cooperating and counting CD/DPO/CM etc like a loon ..

Glitterball86 Tue 18-Nov-14 12:30:04

Some days/months are much easier than others!! I seem to alternate between being very relaxed about it to turning in to a ttc obsessed crazy maniac woman where i turn into planning sex to military precision!!

Its nice i can rant here and feel sane lol my partner doesnt understand how frustrating it is

Poppy86 Wed 19-Nov-14 16:07:01

Hi ladies, I am also new to mums net....I've googled sooo much and read through so many blogs I thought it best to just join!

I came off the pill last August to get it all out of my system for when we were ready to ttc and had pretty regular cycles until now when it matters! Sometimes they are 7 weeks long so I have no idea where I am.... I have given in and bought some ovulation tests!

We Have only been ttc properly for this cycle and it is driving me crazy already! Total empathy with everyone and I hope my neurotic tendencies dies down as the months pass on haha smile x

DandelionWishes88 Wed 19-Nov-14 20:17:22

Hello ladies I'm new here and to mumsnet! I too feel frustrated with ttc. I was on the pill for ten years. Now stopped it on 5th of October. Never had AF whilst on the pill and still not had any bleeding or spotting since stopping. Hubby and I been trying but I dont really know when I'm ovulating!

I feel my body has changed since stopping the pill but so many different symptoms in a short space of time. I feel kinda down some days but trying to be positive.

Any advice or any general chat would be grateful
thanks xxx

batmanandrobin Wed 19-Nov-14 20:33:46

TTC is the most frustrating things ever, but it involves plenty of sex and excitement at the same time. it took me almost a year to concieve dd1 and i had only been using a diagphram before that (and they're hardly known for reliability!!)

my top tips would be:

1 plenty of sex (incase you didn't know that- haha!) and make it interesting and fun as once you're pg or a mother it'll never b the same again

2 try not to think about it, and try not to think about when you'd be due. i found as soon as i stopped trying to know when i was ovulating and the "if im not on by saturday then were doing a test" and just relaxing!! it was driving me insane and once i did stop thinking about it and just having crazy regular sex we fell pregnant within 3 months.

3 avoid any hormone at all for a while- my friend was waiting a while after coming off pill for periods to start and so they offered her help and it made matters worse. i feel nature should always take it's cause!!

good luck ladies and hopefully we'll have some bumps in the new year smile

batmanandrobin Wed 19-Nov-14 20:35:09

ive used really bad english in that- apologies. bfing and typing doesn't always work out!!!

Poppy86 Wed 19-Nov-14 20:41:23

You're so right, most of my friends who have conceived have said it happened after they stopped "trying trying"! Also, hadn't thought about it that once a parent it's never the same.... Defo going to try to enjoy this part as much as possible and when it happens it happens or at least that's how my rational self is feeling today...haha smile

DandelionWishes88 Wed 19-Nov-14 21:24:45

Thanks ladies. Feel like waiting for AF to show up is the worst for me I just want to know my cycle! But we'll keep trying and having fun!
Feeling so emotional today and sometimes putting on a smiley im fine face is too much. Great to talk to everyone and read your stories xxx

mrsdos Wed 19-Nov-14 21:49:32

Dandelion I know what you mean, I'm waiting for AF to arrive a month (I am impatient!) after stopping cerazette, some days its no biggie, others it is the end of the world. All I want is for my cycle to return to be able to work out the 'right time' to DTD. In the meantime, I don't think DH is complaining! wink

DandelionWishes88 Wed 19-Nov-14 22:06:05

Im impatient too mrsdos its only been just a month and a bit for me. But I'm feeling the ups and downs everyday. But fingers crossed we get what we are waiting for soon. Xxx

Whatisysystemidfor Thu 20-Nov-14 21:43:21

Three and half years.

I'm in another tww.

It does not get easier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now