Talk

Advanced search

Is this positive ?? HELP

(12 Posts)
Wannabemummy14 Wed 12-Nov-14 15:20:32

Please help. I posted a thread earlier about a positive opk at 9dpo. I did a urine ept and it was negative (it wasn't first morning urine) and then I did a ept (the same brand) using my blood. I used a lancet to prick my finger and then dipped the test into the blood and got a faint positive? What does this mean? Serious answers please. I'm so desperate to be pregnant xxx

DinoSnores Wed 12-Nov-14 15:22:53

Putting blood on a test for urinary HCG is likely to be pointless, I'm afraid. Tests are designed quite specifically so it is impossible to know how reliable a test used in the incorrect way is.

I'm afraid it is just going to be a matter of waiting things out.

WhatchaMaCalllit Wed 12-Nov-14 15:27:51

Any chance of uploading an image so we can see? I wouldn't be comfortable in suggesting one way or the other until we can see the tests that you did.

Can you try the urine ept tomorrow morning using first morning urine if you can wait that long?

TheBiscuitStrikesBack Wed 12-Nov-14 15:30:49

Would blood on a pee stick work? Not sure if the hormone shows in blood in the same way.

Wannabemummy14 Wed 12-Nov-14 15:32:18

This is the test. I have done a lot of reading on this an more times than not it has worked for people. Anyone else have any info?? Thanks

wrapsuperstar Wed 12-Nov-14 15:32:47

I would stick to using HPTs in the way they are intended to be honest -- any going 'off instructions' is likely to just add to your confusion. Wait a few days then use a sensitive test, such as a FRER, with FMU. And leave your poor fingertips out of testing!

Wannabemummy14 Wed 12-Nov-14 15:33:16

I read that they do it in hospitals for emergencies when they can't get urine from a patient. I live in hope. Who knows. I'm about 9dpo. Xx

spamanderson Wed 12-Nov-14 20:13:32

Well there's definitely a line there but those tests are normally used with urine so I'm not sure how far I'd trust them in blood. IF I were you, I'd do another one in the morning with fmu and for a few days after until I was sure. I'm a POAS addict so I buy those in in bulk as they're so cheap. I don't mind if I use 1 or 2 a day that way smile

Wannabemummy14 Wed 12-Nov-14 23:24:51

Yeah I just got 30 ept in the post this morning so I used 5 already testing with blood and urine. I'll test again every morning for the next 4 days. See if I can see a line build up. Just got so excited when I saw that line. Was such a thrill!! Xxx

DinoSnores Thu 13-Nov-14 15:02:21

"I read that they do it in hospitals for emergencies when they can't get urine from a patient."

We don't. We just take a blood test to send to the lab to be run in one of the machines.

I hope you do get your BFP very soon though!

Brummiegirl15 Thu 13-Nov-14 17:31:02

If you want to get an early reading you need to go and buy a first response test. Yes they are bit more expensive but they are generally the ones that are most reliable.

If you want to know as soon as possible - and trust me after 2 miscarriages - I know that feeling - the first response are the best

WhatchaMaCalllit Fri 14-Nov-14 11:52:07

Any update today OP?

Hopefully you get the response you're looking for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now