Talk

Advanced search

7 possbile positives, 2 negatives and maybe a period??

(5 Posts)
marielouise52 Wed 12-Nov-14 03:05:40

We are TTC, for the last week or so I have had sore breasts (which I never ever get when I'm due on) I was 5 days late, had 7 tests which seemed to be positive. When I say seemed I mean that so e of them gave a definite positive second line, but it then disappeared, some had a definite second line but it was in the wrong place, and 2 were negative. Then I had a bleed today which was light. I did a pregnancy test tonight and again I had a clear positive which again disappeared. I am so confused and disappointed but something is telling me I am pregnant but maybe it's wishful thinking. Any advice?

hopefull2424 Wed 12-Nov-14 08:59:42

Have you tried taking a digital test as there is a clear answer on those? Also id prob make a appointment to see the gp hun x

xBlueberry88x Wed 12-Nov-14 16:16:16

What kind of tests are you using?

Use a FRER or a digi for a definate answer

spamanderson Wed 12-Nov-14 20:18:51

A positive will only come up in the presence of the pregnancy hormones so something had to be there for it to come up. Are you using those cheapy sticks with the blue end, like the ebay ones? I use those as an early notification rather than spend out on tonnes of decent tests. I would go get one of the clear blue digital ones as that is pretty difficult to misread plus it gives a guide about how far along you are.
Fingers crossed you get your BFP smile

willitbe Wed 12-Nov-14 20:30:14

Hi, with regards to tests having lines in the wrong place, you should count those as negatives. With the tests where the lines disappeared, if the lines were there just as the dye travelled across the test, then I would assume this was just a temporary pooling of dye in the indentation line of the test strip area. If this is the case then this is not a positive test either.

Normally I am against digital tests but in your situation I would do it for clarity. It would take the guesswork out of it hopefully!

I hope you get a clear answer soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now