Talk

Advanced search

Need help with ovulation

(5 Posts)
Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Tue 11-Nov-14 12:21:08

Just done an ovulation test and it came back with a very faint line. I have read that it has not picked up my L.H surge. Don't even know what L.H is
So all I want to know is if there is a red line albeit very faint, could I still be ovulating.
T.I.A

dizzylemon Tue 11-Nov-14 12:31:23

Do you mean the little sticks that you dip? The line has to be as strong or stronger in colour then the control line. Most ladies naturally have some LH present most of the time.

I've found them very difficult to judge and have decided not to use them again. I know you can get digital ones, but they are expensive. Don't really work for me smile

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Tue 11-Nov-14 12:34:28

Hi Dizzy.
They're the one's that you actually wee on. From Home and Bargain. They're in a blue box with 5 tests
What is L.H and does it effect fertility if I have none.

dizzylemon Tue 11-Nov-14 14:49:54

I don't think LH is a very good way to work out your own fertility. It will just detect whether your having the surge just prior to ovulation or not. Might be a conversation for a medical professional smile

I think the urine ovulation tests are generally similar in that you have to compare two lines, and that only strong lines indicate ovulation is about to occur (when your Lutenising Hormone is at it's peak). You're likely to get some kind of line at all times of the month as LH still exists in lower concentrations. Should probably refer to the instructions, if it came with any!

I daresay there may be more ladies around with more experience then me - I've used them for one cycle but when I found myself squinting at red lines, trying to figure it out I decided they were a bit too ambiguous for me!

samc85 Tue 11-Nov-14 17:08:42

Lighthouse - if your line is very faint and the control line is darker then you are not ovulating. The line may get darker as you head towards ovulation time. When the lines are the same cour, or the test line is darker then this is your peak LH surge and the day you will ovulate (if you are going to).
I've gone back to the digitalis as found the others too difficult to tell, although to Save money will use them until line starts getting darker then confirm with the digital.

Hope this helps, Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now