Talk

Advanced search

Convinced I was pregnant until today...now not so sure

(5 Posts)
u32ng Sat 08-Nov-14 22:38:10

TTC for DC2. Period was due on 6th so I am POAS tomorrow (DH has been away otherwise I would have done sooner!). I have been convinced for about a week prior that I am pregnant - smelling smells I wouldn't normally smell; short temper which is not like me; tender abdomen; very tired & the day before my period was due I felt distinctly bleh late avo/teatime which is when I used to feel sick when preg with ds1.

Just realised today that I've not felt sick since and, well, just don't feel as convinced anymore. Does that sound weird? Also a bit freaked out because it reminds me of the MC at about 6wks I had before DS1 (similar symptoms/disappearance). Recently found out about chemical pregnancies and now wonder if that's what I had last time and maybe am experiencing again??

Think I'm going to have mixed feelings tomorrow if the test is positive. And I was so excited about it a few days agosad.

Took over a year to conceive ds1 (very long and irregular cycles, and being told I had mild pcos & wasn't always ovulating every time). So I was utterly delighted to find that after coming off the pill earlier in the year to TTC, my periods were regular for the first time in my life!!smile. So the thought of having conceived on the first go had me practically hand-clappingly giddy with excitement!

Yeah so feeling a bit confused
If I am pregnant I am not going to be able to relax until 12wk scan!

u32ng Sun 09-Nov-14 13:41:56

Test was neg. back to scratch then.

VanitasVanitatum Sun 09-Nov-14 13:46:28

Sorry u32 thanks

MilkThistle187 Sun 09-Nov-14 13:47:59

Sorry you had a negative test, hope it's positive next month. Do something nice for yourself today thanks

u32ng Mon 10-Nov-14 12:57:10

Thanks. I know it's still early days and I know am fortunate enough to have 1 child already.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now