Talk

Advanced search

Ovarian Cyst - To be removed - TTC after

(6 Posts)
jennie1988 Fri 07-Nov-14 17:20:01

Hi all,

My partner and I have decided to try for a baby after I have an operation to remove a cyst in my ovary. I may have to lose one of my ovaries, depending on what they find. We want to try for one as soon as I am well enough, as I have the fear my other ovary will become 'infected' Just wondered if anyone has been in the same boat that can give me any advice, such as tips for conception etc.

Cheers, Jen

SMST83 Fri 07-Nov-14 20:40:44

Hi Jennie, I went in for a laparoscopy in September - ruptured cyst on left ovary. As far as I'm aware it can't infect the other ovary. What I was shocked to learn from the docs was if they had to remove an ovary, it wouldn't affect ttc. Apparently the remaining ovary compensates for the missing one. I hope all goes well for you. On another positive note, I had a bfp on Monday - very early days but a bfp none the less! smile
Good luck x

poorbuthappy Fri 07-Nov-14 20:50:05

Had a large ovarian cyst removed 6 months after having dd1.
Lost the ovary and Fallopian tube.
3.5 years later twins...grin

dizzylemon Sat 08-Nov-14 18:49:27

Had my right ovary removed 3 years ago due to rugby ball sized cyst. I've no history of cysts. It was just something that happened.

General outcome is a longer cycle (mine is 33 days mostly) and a slightly earlier menopause.

I'm ttc atm but know a number of woman who've had no issue with juat 1.

mrsleomcgary Sat 08-Nov-14 21:38:20

I had a large cyst removed,along with ovary and falopian tube, in 2011 and conceived pfb 18months later with no problems. It wont affect your fertility though I understand you wanting to 'get on' with conceiving just incase as felt exactly the same. i've also been told theres virtually no increased chance of getting another cyst though as mine was found to be a boarderline tumor I have regular scans so if anything does happen it is caught early.

jennie1988 Tue 11-Nov-14 18:16:53

Hey everyone,

Thank you soo much for your advice and experiences ! You have all put my mind a rest. I am not up to date with what some of the 'short hand' words mean though.... newbie alert !!! ..... but I'm sure I'll pick it all up smile

Jen x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now