Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Who wants to play a game? Am I or Aren't I?

(4 Posts)
Confuzzled83 Fri 07-Nov-14 01:34:49

First, and most importantly, I've taken 3 HP tests (Wondfo ICs). One on Monday (3rd Nov), another yesterday morning (5th) and anther this afternoon (6th). All negative. I had a blood draw done today and I'll find out my results tomorrow so this is strictly for fun (and to help me chill out a bit!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The facts:
- Implanon rod out in March
- Period began in May 2014, cycle length 34 days average)
- 7-10 days late (41-44 days since LMP)
- No period, no spotting, mild occasional cramping
- Extra discharge (creamy, very stretchy)
- Sex without condom a week before period due. Withdrew before finished. (not our typical "method", normally use condoms)

More details:

Should have started on the 27th October according to my app (OvuView). I had mild cramping on the 13th (which should have been around ovulation but I didn't bother testing). Also mild cramping on the 23rd and thought that was my warning my period was starting soon... it wasn't.

My discharge (ugh) is more than "normal" for me. To the point where I woke the other morning and thought my period had started, nope. At work, thought it'd started. Nope. It's creamy and stringy and I'm so fricken confused.

My questions:

1. Have you ever taken a HP test with a negative result and positive blood test?
2. Have you ever been this late with a period and not been pregnant? Why?

And lastly - taking friendly bets. Am I or aren't I? Will update tomorrow with blood test results!

EmbarrassedPossessed Fri 07-Nov-14 01:56:14

I've had random long cycles for no reason at all (other than possibly stress), and so I would be coming down on the side of not pregnant. In fact, I was 7 days late this cycle for no reason, and had 2 negative tests before AF arrived.

What result are you hoping for?

Confuzzled83 Fri 07-Nov-14 02:42:11

You know that's exactly what I've been wondering myself. You'd think this would be a good time to come down on a side.

I think I'm hoping it's positive but trying to convince myself that I don't hope that... especially in in the face of 3 neg HP tests (getting my hopes up and all that). I'll be fine either way honestly, but I've always kinda hoped the baby decision would be taken out of my hands. If i am, it's meant to be. If I'm not, then the choice, and the pressure of the "perfect time", is all ours.

My DH has been pretty chill about me being late (didn't tell him about the blood test - will tell him after the results either way) which is a good thing.

Confuzzled83 Fri 07-Nov-14 17:27:13

Well I got the call. NOT pregnant.

Apparently I should do a "name brand" urine test in a month if my period still hasn't come (this confused me because I was either pregnant or not so why another HPT, she meant if we end up "trying" and I wanted to see if I was pregnant next month).

She then said protocol is if I still haven't had a period after 3 months to make an appointment to see them to kick start one.

So there you go. I didn't tell my DH I had the blood test done so will tell him I did, and that it was negative, when I get home from work.

FWIW - still no period.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now