Talk

Advanced search

Would any sperm get through?

(7 Posts)
DaffodilField Thu 06-Nov-14 09:49:49

We are ttc. Had quickie this am and managed to lie down for about two mins after but then had to get up and shower etc for work. Tmi but when I showered I think most of it came out. Is there any chance some will have made it up in time and defied gravity or do I need to make dh dtd again tonight? I think I ovulate today.

UpNorth74 Thu 06-Nov-14 10:01:41

Maybe, if he has good swimmers?!
Was the same for us this morning, but we're (trying) to be fairly casual about TTC.
If you're unsure and pressing on with TTC, then I'd give it another go this evening, and do a headstand afterwards ;)

Rikalaily Thu 06-Nov-14 12:28:26

We dtd on 22nd Oct and I did the dreaded getting up and having a wee almost straight away afterwards, I ovulated the next day... I got my BFP yesterday smile

Me624 Thu 06-Nov-14 12:53:27

Of course there's a chance. Do you think everyone who gets pregnant by accident has laid there for 20 mins with her hips elevated after dtd?!

I don't buy into the whole lying down with legs in the air for ages thing. I've tried it a few times and then when I get up and go to the loo half an hour later exactly the same amount seems to come out when I wipe as when I go immediately.

DaffodilField Thu 06-Nov-14 13:35:37

congratulations Rikalaily.We are ttc for number 3 - you'd think I'd be less obsessive this time round!

BlanketOfStars Thu 06-Nov-14 16:23:23

The stuff coming out is seminal fluid. Most of the sperm, especially the good ones, head straight through the cervix before your DH has even pulled out smile

allchatnicknamesgone Thu 06-Nov-14 16:52:08

Most of it comes out anyway whether it's 2 mins later or 2 hours later. Don't worry. Also, pointless dtd tonight. Even with the best swimmers in the world, you should allow him 24 hrs to recharge and restock..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now