Talk

Advanced search

This might sound daft...

(5 Posts)
abi2790 Wed 05-Nov-14 20:06:14

But is it possible to get pregnant without having a period? my last depo injection ran out at the beginning of September and I've not had a period. I had some cramping a few weeks afterwards then nothing. today I've been feeling really sick (but no vomiting like when I was pregnant with ds), I've been sooo tired and I've had a thick white discharge. I've been stressing out and getting upset after having no period for so long (ds is 23 months) and I don't want to get disappointed that's why I haven't took a test. I feel like I'm being stupid and of course I can't be pregnant! advice please ladies!

Cantbelieveimdoingthisagain Wed 05-Nov-14 20:29:48

The longer you leave it abi the worse the disappointment will be if it's a Bfn. Bite the bullet, do the test, if neg, go see doc and get your cycle sorted. It's always better to know smile

SophieBarringtonWard Wed 05-Nov-14 20:46:29

Yes of course it's possible to get pregnant without having a period - periods happen around 14 days after ovulation if the egg isn't fertilised. So if you ovulated after coming off depo & that egg got fertilised, you wouldn't have a period. (The same is true for cycles returning after childbirth/breastfeeding...)

abi2790 Wed 05-Nov-14 21:01:31

okay thanks guys. I'll do a test tomorrow!

Shorty2014 Wed 05-Nov-14 21:05:09

A little different to you but I have irregular periods since coming off the implant .. I'm roughly every 4 months .. My last period was beginning of February and in September I found out I was pregnant but had conceived in the June .. So could possibly get pregnant yes smile unfortunately in my case I miscarried 3 weeks ago now at 16 + 5.

Hope you get the results you wanted xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now