Talk

Advanced search

Need advice!!!

(5 Posts)
impatientlywaiting29 Wed 05-Nov-14 17:34:49

Me and my partner have been trying to get pregnant for 15 months now with no luck. The problem is my partner sometimes has difficulty ejaculating, but we still have sex regularly. I thought it was still possible to get pregnant from pre - cum. Sorry if this language is crude, can't think of a more polite way of putting it. Or was this just an old wives tale to scare us when we were younger??? I just wondered if this way of trying is a complete lost cause? I'm getting seriously disappointed every month when my period arrives...

NewEraNewMindset Wed 05-Nov-14 17:41:02

I think it's possible but it really depends on your ages. A teenager certainly could get pregnant using the withdrawal technique because of the sperm present in pre-ejaculatory fluid, but it's far less likely once you get into your mid/late thirties.

Was your partner fine before you started TTC? If so I think you need to take the pressure off of him completely. A lot of women find it best to not discuss TTC at all. Not to mention ovulation or try and orchestrate sex to order. Might even be worth telling him your quitting the idea altogether and say your going back on the pill - wave pill packet around. It sounds psychological and either he isn't really ready to be a Dad and his body is acting accordingly or else he is just feeling extremely stressed out by the whole thing and can't get his body to get the job done.

batfish Wed 05-Nov-14 17:42:53

I don't know whether the pre cum thing is true or false but if you have been trying for over a year and you know your partner isn't always ejaculating then it may be worth going for a chat with the doc to see if there is any advice? I am sure you are not a lost cause, there seem to be lots of people who are trying for a long time and then have success, I am right at the very beginning of my journey so can't imagine how frustrating and upsetting it must be to have been trying for a long time but there will be plenty of people going through the same thing on here for you to chat to.

Good luck and I hope you get your BFP soon! Sorry I didn't have anything useful to say!

impatientlywaiting29 Wed 05-Nov-14 18:25:41

Thank you both for the replies. I'm 30 and he's 40. Neither of us have children. His problem started a long time before he met me, he's on life long medication, and one of the side effects is low/ no sex drive. I try to get him to have the mindset of just having sex for the fun of it, and take the pressure of him, but even getting him in the mood can be difficult. I have read some posts on here since joining where a lot of women have conceived this way, so it's made me slightly more hopeful! smile

NewEraNewMindset Wed 05-Nov-14 19:54:49

Impatiently do you know if the medication he is on can impact sperm production? My DP has MS and is on a weekly injection and he is getting his sperm checked this month to see if the medication is causing problems.

Can he ejaculate successfully on his own? Many women use their partners sperm to inseminate themselves before ovulation using a syringe. This might be an option for you both.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now