Talk

Advanced search

Is this ovulation test positive?

(22 Posts)
Wannabemummy14 Tue 04-Nov-14 23:42:56

Ttc and I'm using ovulation test strips. All my tests are negative so far like really faint but then I got this one but I didn't retest that day and I'm wondering if it's a positive?? Please help me l??

Gillian1980 Tue 04-Nov-14 23:47:30

If the darker line is the control line then no this isn't positive. The test line needs to be as dark as or darker than the control line.

It could get darker over the next day or so? Or is it possible you already peaked and missed it?

Fingers crossed you get a positive test soon x

Frolicacid Tue 04-Nov-14 23:51:12

Hi want. What do the test instructions say about lines? The one I use require the test line to be equal or stronger than the control. If yours are the same, I would say it is not positive, but that you are close. Mine tend to get darker in the days / hours before I get a positive.
Will attach a pic of my positive from Sunday - the test line is top and clearly darker than the control line.

I would definately dtd today / tomorrow so the swimmers are there waiting for the egg to drop grin

Wannabemummy14 Tue 04-Nov-14 23:52:22

The days before this test the line was so faint an then I got this an then it was faint again the following days :/ I'm confused. If I ovulate later in the cycle, why was this line much darker than the others I wonder? Xxx

Frolicacid Tue 04-Nov-14 23:57:36

Maybe you missed your surge and did ovulate? Did you have any tiger signs? Or maybe your body geared up to ovulate but didn't and will try again in a few days? This happened to me last cycle. I got a couple of really strong positives and thought that was it so stopped dtd and opk's, but my temp indicates that I may have ovulated a few days later so I totally missed it.
Keep dtd and keep POAS! Good luck wink

SunbathingCat Wed 05-Nov-14 00:01:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Wannabemummy14 Wed 05-Nov-14 00:09:29

Aw thanks ladies I will update soon and let you no if I ovulate xxx

Wannabemummy14 Wed 05-Nov-14 12:57:09

Are these positive? The first one is yesterday's and the second test is today's test. Let me no what you think? I'm going out of my mind. Thanks!!

SunbathingCat Wed 05-Nov-14 13:00:33

Wannabemummy14 Wed 05-Nov-14 13:17:02

So do you think this could just be the build up? I had cramping in my left ovary 2 days ago an the day after (yesterday) I got that first test an cramping today in lower abdomin and I got that second test result. What do you think? Xx

SunbathingCat Wed 05-Nov-14 13:19:38

Wannabemummy14 Wed 05-Nov-14 13:49:41

How come I had cramping in the left side a few days ago then? And I had sex a couple of days ago, could I still get pregnant? My boyfriend has gone away for a week x

xBlueberry88x Wed 05-Nov-14 14:36:11

After a positive opk you can ovulate any when upto 36 hours after.

Technically if the environment is right sperm can live up to 7 days so there is a chance.

Wannabemummy14 Wed 05-Nov-14 17:10:01

Which of my two recent tests would you say is positive? First or second? Xx

Frolicacid Wed 05-Nov-14 18:25:18

The second one looks more positive to me.
Do you temp want? I find it's a good way to confirm ovulation.

Wannabemummy14 Wed 05-Nov-14 23:16:15

I did a few months ago an stopped tbh. I was doing it by mouth but apparently vaginally is better I read. What do you think? Xx

SunbathingCat Wed 05-Nov-14 23:28:27

Wannabemummy14 Wed 05-Nov-14 23:41:28

I am being tested for pcos I've never had regular cycles and this is the first positive test I've had. I thought the first was more positive too. I've wanted a baby for years and I really want to get pregnant. I'm gunna test on the 16th as that's when my next period is meant to come even tho it won't because I never have regular. Cycles. Xxx

SunbathingCat Wed 05-Nov-14 23:47:49

Wannabemummy14 Thu 06-Nov-14 07:47:26

I read that too which devastates me coz how are we meant to know? But .. I had pain in my left ovary and I've never experienced that before. I have been pregnant many years ago now when I was younger so I know it's possible but I miscarried. Xxx

SunbathingCat Thu 06-Nov-14 16:04:46

Wannabemummy14 Thu 06-Nov-14 21:31:12

I had loads of creamy cm the other day an a break out in spots. It was agonising pain but enough to know something was happening. I was meant to have a scan but the hospital are messing me about xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now