Talk

Advanced search

When to test

(7 Posts)
Spanielpuppy Tue 04-Nov-14 22:10:57

With my first ds it took 3 1/2 long years. Over those years seeing a BFN got harder and harder to see. Thank fully I conceived days before seeing an IVF consultant.

This time around I'm desperately trying to be relaxed not tracking fertility days etc.

However knowing that AF was due today and having planned a big weekend just before. I decided against my better judgement to do a pregnacy test so 4 days before AF was due. It was BFN. all my previous emotions came back, so I boxed them up and had a good weekend with friends.

Now the day has come, no AF no symptoms associated with it.

So when do I next test? Do I do another test?

I can't start this rollercoster again. I know in my heart of hearts I'm not pregnant and it won't happen that quickly.

Don't know what to do, my lets just take it easy no stress approach isn't working on month 1

Help please

Me624 Wed 05-Nov-14 12:16:41

Hi spaniel, I'm ttc#1 and 7 months in so not as long as you were trying with your dc1 but I pretty quickly worked out that I get crushing disappointment from bfns and so testing every day from 8dpo is just never going to work for me! My cycles aren't exact (28-32 days) so I've decided that I'm never testing unless I get to day 35 ... since I made that decision, I haven't POAS at all because AF has always come before day 35. It's what works for me - I just found the bfns too upsetting.

NoArmaniNoPunani Wed 05-Nov-14 12:43:42

In your position I wouldn't be able to resist another test. Im not sure that's the best way though

StrawberryMojito Wed 05-Nov-14 12:52:24

If you're period is due today do a test today. I get why you don't want to but I think you're going to torture yourself with the possibilities until it arrives anyway. Next month, try again to relax and avoid testing. I know it's hard. Good luck.

allchatnicknamesgone Wed 05-Nov-14 15:04:47

bf's are emotionally crushing and draining. I would wait longer, perhaps the longest length your period has arrived. Only your call though. I know the feeling when you say 'in your heart of hearts you know you are not pregnant'. Its hard. good luck.

Spanielpuppy Wed 05-Nov-14 19:21:38

Well that solved the problem. AF just arrived.

Knew after 3 1/2 yrs last time we wouldn't crack it in the first month. But I had hoped, oh well thanks for all the advice ladies.

allchatnicknamesgone Wed 05-Nov-14 22:04:14

Sorry. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now