Talk

Advanced search

HELP Due date calculation!

(7 Posts)
jakesmith Mon 03-Nov-14 22:09:54

Hello sorry if this is in the wrong place!

DW came off the pill on Sat 5th Oct as in she took it last on Friday 4th Oct

We had sex on:
Sat 5th
Sun 26th
Thurs 30th

Today, Mon 3rd Nov, the x30 NHS grade 10ug high sensitivity pregnancy test arrived that I ordered and DW did one and it came up positive, so she took another 2 and they all came up positive!

How can we work out any type of due date etc now as she hasn't had a period since coming off the pill?

Surely it's pretty unlikely that she'd get pregnant the first day she came off it? But that assumes she got pregnant either 8 or 4 days ago, would that really show up?

She hasn't had any type of period whatsoever since coming off the pill

Any advice welcome! Obviously we're not in the 'over the moon' stage yet as it doesn't feel real / possible but I don't see how the test could be wrong...

Whenwillwe3meetagain Mon 03-Nov-14 22:15:12

Wait until the scan or get one privately if it matters so much.

jakesmith Mon 03-Nov-14 22:22:53

Sorry I'm a bit of a beginner but I thought it might be useful to know what date the birth will be on?

Disneylandkilledmychildhood Mon 03-Nov-14 22:29:02

If it was a strong positive (a darker line), possibly the pregnancy could have resulted from the earlier date you had sex. It's possible that she could have ovulated 5 days after that and conceived. If it was a very faint positive line then it could have been the second date you listed. I'm no expert though, that's just my thoughts on it.

Disneylandkilledmychildhood Mon 03-Nov-14 22:32:53

www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-due-date-calculator

You can check rough due dat by ovulation her if you can put a date in (so maybe a couple of days after you first had sex) and get a rough idea of when she might be due, but as someone has said, you'll need a dating scan to be sure.

spamanderson Mon 03-Nov-14 22:36:43

It's tricky after coming off the pill as you don't have a nice 28 days cycle to base a due date on. I would advise her to go to the gp anyway to have them confirm, if she says she has no idea of dates, they may well send her for an early scan. I would say though that the earliest date is the most likely as the hcg levels shouldn't be high enough yet for the tests to pick up if she conceived only a week or so ago.
Congrats x

Rikalaily Tue 04-Nov-14 16:13:34

I came off the pill in May and ovulated about 4 days after my last pill... I got pregnant. I would say that the 5th was the time that resulted in the pregnancy, sperm can hang around for a few days so she could have conceived anytime between then and the 9th/10th, as said above it's unlikely that she would test positive after 4 days, 8 days is possible but the line would probably be a squinter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now