Talk

Advanced search

Day 21 progesterone test came back negative

(11 Posts)
MetallicInk Mon 03-Nov-14 16:49:06

I'm panicking. I don't really know what this means and I can't get through to speak to the doctor until tomorrow. My mind is in overdrive and I feel like sobbing

buttercup01 Mon 03-Nov-14 17:19:13

I had the same thing happen to me and posted about it here: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1428618-PCOS-Day-21-Blood-Tests I should add I now have a wonderful DD after using Clomid so please try not to panic. Easier said than done I know. Good luck

MetallicInk Mon 03-Nov-14 20:34:20

Thank you buttercup.

I am trying not to stress but it's a bit worrying. The receptionist that gave me my results has told me that my other bloods were referred straight back to my gp and I've to phone tomorrow. It doesn't sound good. I could cry

MetallicInk Mon 03-Nov-14 20:35:11

I should point out that the home ovulating kits came back positive hmm

Treesandbees Wed 05-Nov-14 16:01:35

Metallic I'm the same! Just had mine done and they were 5! Need to be 30+ to show ovulation. I too get positive OPKs but my body must gear up then not ovulate! My GP has referred me for an ultrasound of my ovaries to check for cysts etc. you could try soy insolavins (think I've spelt that wrong). Lots of positive stories on here about it being 'natural clomid'. I'm going to give them ago next month.

MetallicInk Thu 06-Nov-14 12:46:41

I've been told I am severely iron deficient and its looking like that could be affecting ovulation. Been put on 650mg tablets for 2 months. Bloods to be repeated for day 21 next month and then the following to see if the iron increase helps. Fingers crossed.

MetallicInk Thu 06-Nov-14 12:47:43

Trees hopefully everything goes well for you. Xx

Number3cometome Thu 06-Nov-14 12:53:29

Mine came back as 3 last month, tomorrow I get the results for this month. I also had high prolactin levels so waiting to hear about that. Don't be too downhearted - I have a DS & DD which I conceived naturally (although it did take a long time. I am hoping to get pregnant again naturally as I am not being offered fertility treatment x

Treesandbees Fri 07-Nov-14 10:38:33

Number how were your results?

I'm waiting for my ultrasound date. I'm not good at waiting!!

Number3cometome Fri 07-Nov-14 13:23:20

Progesterone was 10.9? Doc says this is not good, but from looking at other sites it can reflect ovulation??

I had my tests done on day 24 to be fair, so not sure how that would reflect the result. My prolactin was 450 so fine.

really odd !x

xBlueberry88x Fri 07-Nov-14 14:54:45

Metallic Sorry your blood test showed no ovulation.

I know the feeling I wasnt ovulating and even after 14 months ttc I had ovulation cramps, positive opks but no ovulation.

Now on second month of clomid and confirmed ovulation last month so it isnt the end of the world lovely!!

Im also severely Iron deficient due to being coeliac so im on high iron tablets aswell. Have they looked into why your deficient in Iron?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now