Talk

Advanced search

Excited ..... but terrified

(16 Posts)
mrsfazruns Mon 03-Nov-14 09:08:28

Hi everyone! Had my son michael when i was 13 and it was such a traumatic ordeal! he's all grown up now and almost 18 and he's pretty perfect! But me and hubs have now decided to try for a mini me! I am SSSOOOOOOO excited but so terrified of the whole thing!! anyone else in the same boat?

FrauHelga Mon 03-Nov-14 09:11:08

You've named your son in your post. Did you mean to do that?

mrsfazruns Mon 03-Nov-14 09:25:14

yeah why not? sorry new the whole online discussion thing but don't see why i wouldn't?

FrauHelga Mon 03-Nov-14 09:27:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mrsfazruns Mon 03-Nov-14 09:39:33

bite? are you serious? It was a general post about being excited about TTC - i am fully aware that not many people have children at 13 and although it was a difficult time I have managed to bring him up to be a very respectful, well mannered well rounded young man - but thanks for the judgment! I wasn't asking "who else has a child at 13" i was asking "is anyone else excited and scared"

and i am not about to apologise for not knowing the appropriate abbreviations - but thanks for the heads up - a polite notice of guidance would have been nice - even via your post i don't know what DC DD or DS means? and I'm so sorry that hubs offends you!

I am fully aware that a might get a boy - mini me is just a term i used! And I think i will cope just fine seeing as I am a fully grown woman, in a good financial/career position within a loving relationship with all the love a mother can give!

But once again - thanks for biting!!!!!

FrauHelga Mon 03-Nov-14 09:43:03

I apologise for using the term "I'll bite".

I took from the post that you wanted others who had had sex underage and as young teenage girls to share their experiences. And I find that problematic and it makes me uneasy.

mrsfazruns Mon 03-Nov-14 09:49:41

well it doesn't make me uneasy - i had an accident - i wasn't "sleeping around" or being promiscuous - you can't tell me you have never made any mistakes in life!! I wouldn't change my life but would encourage any young girl (and boy) that keeping sex until later in life is important! I had an extremely traumatic birth and Being a teenager mother was the hardest thing I have ever done and I have needed counselling etc to get me in a position to get excited about having more children.

You shouldn't be so judgmental - you don't know me or my circumstances!

FrauHelga Mon 03-Nov-14 09:50:45

I have already apologised and reported my own post.

mrsfazruns Mon 03-Nov-14 09:52:02

thankyou

saintsandpoets Mon 03-Nov-14 09:54:51

Mrsfazruns My husband and I are thinking about conceiving our first at the minute. I am terrified. Terrified that my body will be ruined, and that I'll never be independent again.

At the same time, I know I want to be a parent. I am excited to create a person that DH and I are responsible for, and can give a nice life to.

So yes, I know exactly how you feel!

mrsfazruns Mon 03-Nov-14 10:03:50

saintsandpoets thats amazing - its exciting isn't it!! I just know that DH will be an amazing dad! He is brilliant with kids and has so much love to give! when I tell him what Im worried about he reassures how great it will be!! I agree though - being a mum is the best feeling in the world (and so worth the fear)

saintsandpoets Mon 03-Nov-14 10:17:16

Very exciting! How do you feel about the age gap? 18 years is a big one!

mrsfazruns Mon 03-Nov-14 11:39:48

I know .... Seems HUGE!! But DS isn't my husbands and it seems right to share our love with a little one! Up until 6 months ago I thought the age gap was too big and I'd be silly to go back!!! But now he is growing up and becoming more independent by the hour I miss it! Didn't realise how much I loved being a "mummy" till recently x

dizzylemon Tue 04-Nov-14 10:19:48

If you didn't have a great experience the first time around, of course you are going to be scared.

I'm still trying, but as I have no idea what's in store for me it might be less scary, right? Ignorance is bliss grin

Best of luck with it. I'm sure it will be fine!

(I've heard of this thing called Hypnobirthing which is supposed to be really good at keeping you calm. Might be worth a looksie though I think it's only available privately?)

Mel0Drama Tue 04-Nov-14 10:35:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

saintsandpoets Tue 04-Nov-14 19:17:36

Agree on the hypnobirthing. I've been doing my research and it looks marvellous. Helps you stay in control i think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now