Talk

Advanced search

Agnus Castus - Does it help?

(7 Posts)
Ainat266 Sat 01-Nov-14 18:43:35

Hi All,

Hubby and I are ttc#1. We're still pretty new to this - We've spoken about it a lot before, and we both now feel the time is right. I stopped taking the pill (cerazette) at the very end of August. I had a light, but long (9 days) bleed pretty much straight away, but nothing since, meaning I think I am now on CD62. sad

I've been reading things online about Agnus Castus and how it is supposed to help regulate cycles. Has anyone had any experience of using it? Does it help? I've also been reading things along the lines of it having 'rare and minimal side affects'. Has anyone ever experienced anything negative?

I want to give it a try and see if it can kickstart things. Anyone have any experience of anything else that could possibly help do this?

Thanks. x

Cocoaone Sat 01-Nov-14 18:53:24

I took it. May be have been a coincidence - but I ended up with a horrific type of eczema all over my body. I scared children.

Took an intense course of steroids to fix. I am now very wary of putting herbal type remedies in my body!

Choccyhobnob Mon 03-Nov-14 13:22:13

I took it for the first time this month and so far my cycle is longer than last month with still no sign! So I don't know...

jellypi3 Mon 03-Nov-14 17:14:39

I took it for a short time because I hadn't had a period for 8 months after coming off the Depo injection. However, when I told my doctor he told me to stop and gave me a course of progesterone tablets. The next month AF arrived, so I can't say that AC worked but my GP was against me taking it.

dildoos Mon 03-Nov-14 19:43:05

I've heard some stories that it delays cycles further, maybe seek advice from Gp or a herbalist? Good luck x

Ainat266 Mon 03-Nov-14 20:28:38

Thank you all for the advice.

I'm going to book an appointment with my doctor (now that I can! I moved house about 6 months ago, but only registered with the new doctors last week!). I'm just worried they'll say that 2 months without a period isn't long enough for them to actually do something...

Cantbelieveimdoingthisagain Mon 03-Nov-14 20:47:44

Hi,

I am taking agnus castus atm. I am on CD40 but this is normal for me. I usually have 4 maybe 5 periods a year. I haven't ovulated yet either. Don't know if tablets will have had enough time to get into my system yet - have been taking them roughly 2 weeks.

If you do decide to try, do not buy in UK as the dosage is so tiny that would not give any effect. If you would like link where I bought them, let me know and I will send smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now