Talk

Advanced search

TOOK NORETHISTERONE - NEARLY SIX WEEKS STILL NO PERIOD - WANT TO TTC?

(3 Posts)
artylady14 Fri 31-Oct-14 17:15:35

Hi all, I was having regular periods but took Norethisterone for a week in September to delay my period as I was due to get my period the day I went abroad to get married and honeymoon. I am now wanting to TTC again but six weeks after my last period I got right after I finished the tablets, I still dont have my period. I was wondering if it is a bad idea to TTC when I do get my period and ovulate - I have read a lot about 'older eggs' and I had a miscarriage earlier this year when I ovulated very late again after six weeks. Thanks for any advice!

coldwater1 Sun 02-Nov-14 11:50:26

I took that same tablet earlier in the year and didn't get a period for 8 weeks. My cycles were messed up for a while after. I then took it again early september to avoid having an inconvenient period and although i got my period on time i now have 21 day cycles when previously my cycles have been 30/34 days. confused

artylady14 Thu 06-Nov-14 21:18:19

Oh gosh, I got it finally on day 39. The day before I drank lots of ginger tea, had a hot bath and went to bed with a hot water bottle. Wish i had done this sooner!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: