Talk

Advanced search

TOOK NORETHISTERONE - NEARLY SIX WEEKS STILL NO PERIOD - WANT TO TTC?

(3 Posts)
artylady14 Fri 31-Oct-14 17:15:35

Hi all, I was having regular periods but took Norethisterone for a week in September to delay my period as I was due to get my period the day I went abroad to get married and honeymoon. I am now wanting to TTC again but six weeks after my last period I got right after I finished the tablets, I still dont have my period. I was wondering if it is a bad idea to TTC when I do get my period and ovulate - I have read a lot about 'older eggs' and I had a miscarriage earlier this year when I ovulated very late again after six weeks. Thanks for any advice!

coldwater1 Sun 02-Nov-14 11:50:26

I took that same tablet earlier in the year and didn't get a period for 8 weeks. My cycles were messed up for a while after. I then took it again early september to avoid having an inconvenient period and although i got my period on time i now have 21 day cycles when previously my cycles have been 30/34 days. confused

artylady14 Thu 06-Nov-14 21:18:19

Oh gosh, I got it finally on day 39. The day before I drank lots of ginger tea, had a hot bath and went to bed with a hot water bottle. Wish i had done this sooner!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now