Talk

Advanced search

newbie to the website.TTC #1

(6 Posts)
wannabemam1 Thu 30-Oct-14 12:16:00

Hi ladies, I'm new to the website so have no idea about all the jargon on here! I officially finished my birth control (injection) on August 4th this year after being on birth control for 10 years. Thankfully my periods returned to normal straight away. My fiancé and I are TTC but not pressuring ourselves and just seeing how it goes, easier said than done as I cannot wait to be a mummy. Any help, advice or tips would be appreciated. Xx

mrsbrionys Thu 30-Oct-14 13:19:28

Hey Wannabemam1,

I'm new also & felt exactly the same with all the jargon! BUT I have just found this on a different thread (by pure chance) and thought this would help us both out!

www.mumsnet.com/info/acronyms

Me & DH are TTC atm too, we get married in like 2 weeks so hoping for it to happen sooner rather than later smile
X

hall0982 Thu 30-Oct-14 20:33:36

That's exactly what I said but it's been so hard not to become obsessed lol and it's only been 7 weeks since we started TTC. I've so far resisted the urge to go down the ovulation kit route but it's driving me insane trying to work out the right time as my cycles after coming off cerazette are so much shorter than I was used too although that was like 12 years ago. Plus getting used to proper PMS symptoms and not mistaking them for pregnancy is also harder than I thought. Good luck ladies x

crazypuglady Thu 30-Oct-14 20:59:34

I'm new too. Just coming off creosote and waiting for something, anything, to happen. We are currently taking it easy too. I think we probably will for 6 months before we look at OPKs.

nicki117 Thu 30-Oct-14 23:01:18

We've been ttc since June and I'm using opk's I bought a huge pile from amazon as well as hpt's lol. But it's difficult not to obsess, I know. I came off the rod in march, took it slow for a few months, sorta thought if it happens, then great. Now hubby has joined in on the obsession and we're both desperate! Lol. Good luck to you guys - and the jargon gets easier lol xx

Helloall1 Sat 01-Nov-14 18:30:32

Hey, We have recently started trying for no2...exciting! Been on nexplanon for three years with no periods so fingers crossed my body resumes normal function soon as we would love to get pregnant ASAP.

Good luck to you all smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now