Talk

Advanced search

Newbie here..ttc#1

(9 Posts)
Tangerinetiger Wed 29-Oct-14 17:40:05

Hullo all!

This is my first time positing in a forum (long-time lurker of many however!) so if I’m posting this in the wrong area or there’s already a similar thread, then apologies smile

So I’m 29, married since May, but hubby & I together a long time (next Tuesday is 10 years!). We’ve decided to TTC#1.

Came off BC (yasmin) mid-August after being on it for 9 years
AF#1 came almost exactly a month later, 18th September (Just in time for the Bristol Half Marathon)
Now on CD41 and waiting!

I’ve been experiencing dull aches in my abdomen on and off for the last week,I’ve been weeing a lot in the night (Sorry TMI!!), and feeling tired.
Is it too soon to assume that my ’symptoms’ + AF not turning up when it should = possibly pregnant? I was a regular cycle kinda girl before I went on BC, so when the first AF started a month after stopping I was convinced I’d be back to ‘normal’!

Obvioulsy we've DTD a fair bit this month blush

Also, I just have a ‘feeling’…anyone know what I mean? (mind you, it could be nerves posting in a forum for the first time!!)

Any advice is greatly received ladies! x

crazypuglady Wed 29-Oct-14 17:45:37

CD41 and you haven't POAS yet? shock

I'm new to all this too but I think CD41 is time to take a test grin

spamanderson Wed 29-Oct-14 17:50:08

POAS!!!!

Tangerinetiger Wed 29-Oct-14 18:23:02

Good point ladies! I only realised af was late in coming last night tbh blush

To the shops tomorrow! Will let you know smile

jb91xx Thu 30-Oct-14 13:48:47

Any updates op?

tootssw17 Thu 30-Oct-14 13:52:16

Ooo excitement!!!! Good luck !!! POAS Pre party here!

N1kkiL Fri 31-Oct-14 09:49:31

Hi OP!

I came off BC same time as you & got my usual withdrawal bleed; since then, nada! Currently on CD65!

My first couple of months off BC have been riddled with pg/pmt symptoms and has been very frustrating. Twice my body has 'geared up' for OV but not followed through (I know this because my temp hasn't increased).

I would POAS just to check because it is possible, but I would be aware it can take a few months to have your first proper period. I hope it comes soon! X

lildottie Sat 01-Nov-14 15:03:50

saw this and thought I'd share my experience of stopping bcp in spent 12. had 2 31day cycles with ewcm so seemed to be ovulating then I was 2 weeks late with loads of bfns. when AF eventually she stuck around for 49days! since then my cycles have ranged from 28days to 39days. everyone react differently to stopping bcp so don't worry. and try not to stress as that can delay ovulation. temping is good to confirm ovulation and opks help predict it but at the end of the day you just gotta keep shagging! good luck!

lildottie Sat 01-Nov-14 15:04:01

sept not spent!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now