Talk

Advanced search

clotting screening after miscarriage

(2 Posts)
NewMember123 Mon 27-Oct-14 22:19:25

I am 42 years old I recently had a 7 weeks miscarriage after the second IVF cycle. I was recommended by my IVF doctor to do a clotting screening blood test. I was wondering if my GP can prescribe this. I know the NHS guidelines say you need to do the test after 3 miscarriage.

How do I convince my GP to do it, as due to my age as I can't afford the time and money to wait.

My husband suggested to lie to to the GP that I already had more than 3 miscarriages.

Do you think it is a good idea?
Did anyone's has been in a similar situation and can give some advice of how to handle possible questions from the GP?

Thanks

dildoos Sat 01-Nov-14 08:42:51

They could mean the thrombophilia screening, that checks for clotting and sticky bloods. If so a pretty common test so not much convincing smile
Sorry to hear of your second MC, what I find a shame is that even after our heartbreak we feel the need to fight for answers on NHS. Especially when a lot of nhs money is spent on very inappropriate resources! Xbrewthanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now