Talk

Advanced search

Halloween POAS - anyone fancy joining me?

(224 Posts)
IBelieveInPink Tue 21-Oct-14 15:36:35

Just started ttc again, trying for number 2. Dd is 11 months, and we had 2 mc while trying for her.

So, I was completely relaxed about the whole situation, was going to try for a couple of months of 'we'll see what happens'. Then DH asked me when I could POAS. So now it is set in my head that I am on a countdown, thought I may see if anyone fancies joining me for the wait?

VirtualPointyHat Tue 21-Oct-14 15:47:55

I am duue AF on 28th, so will join you smile

littlecrumb Tue 21-Oct-14 15:49:07

Hi I am in the 2ww! Currently 7dpo and period not due till around the 27th (slightly irregular periods since having my ds 9 months ago!). I took an ovulation test so I know around when I should of ovulated.

When are you planning on taking a test?! It's my birthday on Saturday 25th & I am so so tempted to take one then!

littlecrumb Tue 21-Oct-14 15:50:19

Sorry I should of said AF not PERIOD hehe!

IBelieveInPink Tue 21-Oct-14 16:31:57

Ooh friends! Hello

Well, technically I'm not due til 2nd Nov. But it's my birthday on 31st so I'm tempted to give it a go then just for fun. I was never one to be patient! And I'd kinda like to know how much wine I can drink

IBelieveInPink Tue 21-Oct-14 16:33:57

<admires the restraint of both virtual and little>

SomewhereovertheRainbow02 Tue 21-Oct-14 16:36:57

I'll join.
Positive opk Friday & saturday, did the deed saturday and Sunday and should be due AF around the 31st. Hopefully not smile

IBelieveInPink Tue 21-Oct-14 18:19:14

Hi Somewhere. Glad there is a few of us. I was so trying not to focus on it.... All that's gone out the window now. Ah I'd forgotten how much this wait sucks!

littlecrumb Tue 21-Oct-14 22:18:38

The 2ww is horrible, I hate it. The only positive part if it is the hope of being pregnant at the end of it! Also I keep thinking I have symptoms and telling myself that I am not imagining them, but I probably am.

Katewright699 Wed 22-Oct-14 11:25:41

Hiya can I join in girls smile I ovulated on the 16 th October so currently in the dreaded 2ww ... Due AF or BFP on the 30th .. Currently 6dpo today and impatient already lol x

angelaham Wed 22-Oct-14 12:47:43

Can I join you girls had a positive opk Saturday so thinking I ovulated Sunday , I am on cd 21 think I might be 3 dpo my cycles are all over the place but this month has been the latest I have ever ovulated so hoping my bfp comes by the 31st

IBelieveInPink Wed 22-Oct-14 13:37:10

If all of you ladies manage to wait until the 31st to poas... I'll be well impressed grin
Bet one of you caves in before that smile

LovedandLoyal Wed 22-Oct-14 15:16:21

Just changed my username from littlecrumb.

Good luck everyone! I know I won't be able to hold out till the 29th to take my test as I am WAY too impatient. On 8dpo and feeling slight cramps, back ache occasionally, tired and sooooo emotional... but we will see!

SomewhereovertheRainbow02 Wed 22-Oct-14 18:06:52

Glad there is a few of us in this together smile
Ive had low stomach cramps the past 2 days and a lack of sore boobs that i always get about a week or 2 before AF.
Hope its a sign that down thing is different this time. It was my first month using OPKs

SomewhereovertheRainbow02 Wed 22-Oct-14 18:07:17

*something

IBelieveInPink Wed 22-Oct-14 18:40:55

Sooo.... I'm around 2-4 dpo.... Although last months cycle was all over the place as I was coming off pill.... And I've got low cramps.

Late ovulation? Or implantation? Is it too early for implantation?

Katewright699 Wed 22-Oct-14 19:29:34

Hiya ibelieve I think implantation is usually dpo 6-12 , but not sure how much this can vary but from what I've read most common day is dpo9... I'm dpo 6 today and have had a bit more cm today and had a really bad stomach ache last night, like when you've eaten something dodgy(but I know for sure I didn't) but apart from that nothing much to report !!

LovedandLoyal Wed 22-Oct-14 22:38:56

This is my first month if using opk's too somewhereovertheraimbow. I used them the month I got pregnant with my DS & that was my first month of using them then so I think they are great!

IBelieveInPink Wed 22-Oct-14 23:34:50

Ah guess it's not implantation just yet then.... On the off chance that I am having another month of late ovulation DH got pounced on.
He must think it's Christmas at the moment grin

Although this does mean my poas on the 31st may well be futile.... Ah well, best hope my IC's turn up soon so I can waste as many as I can pee on smile

I've never used opks. I have a feeling they would satisfy my urge to pee on sticks though.... Maybe I should invest....

IBelieveInPink Wed 22-Oct-14 23:37:08

I do remember when being pg before... My symptoms were absolutely non existent. Which is what gave me the clue as usually in the run up to af, I get achy etc. So kinda hoping for nothing!!

LovedandLoyal Thu 23-Oct-14 06:54:22

I know what you mean about symptoms, we probably pay too much attention to them. I don't really remember having any before my bfp with DS.

You can get a pack of 50 opk's really cheap on amazon, I would never buy them in the shops.

SomewhereovertheRainbow02 Thu 23-Oct-14 07:57:50

I bought cheapy OPKs from ebay. Think it was about £3 for 30. I only used 4 this month. 2nd and 3rd day were positive.
I do have a DD aged 8 but she was a surprise. A lovely one after a MMC 2 years previous.
The symptoms i remember from then probably only started about 2-3 weeks pregnant and that was burning ovaries and just feeling spaced out. Once i knew at 5 weeks thats when the sore boobs kicked in.
It was a lot easier then without all this symptom spotting!
Doesn't it feel like everyone is getting pregnant apart from you. I'm sure it will happen for us all at some point tho grin

Katewright699 Thu 23-Oct-14 14:14:52

The eBay cheapies never really worked for me... Even when I had my peak on my cb digi I didn't have what I would could call a positive on those ones .. The test line never got as dark as the test line... But I did try the midstream eBay cheapies ( look a bit like a hpt test) and they worked really well got a clear + on those the day I got a + on my cb digi.. I think those were 20 for 7.00 free p&p !!

LovedandLoyal Fri 24-Oct-14 08:29:21

Symptom update for anyone interested. 10dpo and last night I had a aching arm on whatever side I was sleeping on, I had this with my last pregnancy! Hated it. I actually had it a little the night before too. I am so bloated it's ridiculous. Gassy (sorry tmi). Heavy sore boobs, if I am not pregnant my body is having a lot of fun messing around with me this month.

Katewright699 Fri 24-Oct-14 11:13:36

Sounds promising for you*lovedandloyal*....what dpo are you going to test on !! I'm 8dpo today and the wait is driving me crazy lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now