Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Please can someone read this and offer a theory for what the hell is going on????

(7 Posts)
KEGirlOnFire Mon 30-Jun-14 21:29:57

So, we've been ttc dc2 for over two years.

Background is mc prior to the birth of dd who is now 5 and another mc 2 years ago.

I've had all the day 3 and day 21 bloods and all came back fine. Had ultrasound scan of ovaries and again all fine. Dh's tests also came back as extremely good.

Last year I had a lap and dye and again, consultant said everything was clear and the dye came through with tubes and ovaries without a problem.

But this is the weird thing. Even though my cycles are very regular, every other month I have painful ovulation and those months I start to have blood-stained cm from about dpo7, followed by one-sided back and pelvic pain for about 48 hours. The stained cm continues then until dpo 14 when full-flow af arrives. This is Always a painful af.

The next month I don't get the stained cm until the night of 13dpo and af isn't as painful. Ov that month isn't as painful either.

I've had smears and vArious swabs done. Again all clear. Also used progesterone pessaries for 4 months in case it was dropping too quickly after ovulation and causing the spotting. But it made no difference. My temperature also drops the day the spotting starts (although only slightly).

The fertility consultant has ignored the spotting as the tests have ruled out what they can, but surely this cycle of pain and spotting every other month isn't normal???

Please can someone advise me because I don't know who else I can speak to.

KEGirlOnFire Tue 01-Jul-14 08:27:59

Anyone??? I really don't know where to turn to get some answers and I'm hoping that someone else may have experienced something similar...

DontBeBlueBeARainbow Tue 01-Jul-14 09:48:59

Hi KE i'm sorry to read what you've been going through, it sounds really difficult to have so much uncertainty.

I guess not that many people on here will be able to advise on such a complex history, but I didn't want to read and run. I've often been on here needing a virtual hug. I hope someone in the know comes along soon thanks

smogsville Tue 01-Jul-14 10:16:12

I think you need a gynae referral, given that fertility consultant has reached end of road in terms of their investigations. Can you push for one either through FC or GP?

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 01-Jul-14 11:34:55

When I read your post the first thought I had was endometriosis.

Any pain that is cyclical in nature and gets worse up to and including menses should be checked out further to see if endometriosis is the root cause.

Swabs etc won't detect it if it is there. Its usually diagnosed through a keyhole surgery op called a laparoscopy. Why was the lap originally suggested to you?. It may be that the surgeon was not skilled enough to actually spot endo if it was there but it can present atypically and can be also very difficult to see as the endometrical deposits are so very small.

You need to see a further cons gynae and seek a second opinion now.

KEGirlOnFire Tue 01-Jul-14 11:49:20

Thank you all for your posts! I'm really very grateful.

To answer your questions, the Consultant working with the Fertility Clinic at the local hospital was the lead Gynaecologist for the area so if I asked for a Gynae referral, it would go to her.

It was the same consultant who performed the Lap and Dye. The main reason that it was done was that during all my various tests they found that I had Chlamydia Antibodies, so effectively at some point in my life I had caught Chlamydia. So they wanted to check the state of the tubes and ovaries and also to rule out Endo aswell or anything else that might be causing me issues.

After the operation the Consultant came round to see me and confirmed that they had taken a thorough look at the whole area and they had found no scarring to the tubes, the ovaries had no cysts and there was no evidence of Endo.

My periods have always been fairly light. Maybe needing only one pad during the day on the heaviest day. I always use night-time ones at bed-time but in 99% of cases, there is nothing on them the next day. This hasn't really changed. The only pain I get (other than the OV pain and the pain PRIOR to AF) is generally just for one day during AF itself and is only mild, easily cured by one dose of Ibuprofen...

confused

KEGirlOnFire Tue 01-Jul-14 11:51:53

Also, what the Consultant kept referring back to is, you've had 3 pregnancies (two MCs, either side of successful PG with DD) so it's unlikely that there is anything wrong. It will just take time and your age is against you (I turned 40 last week).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: