Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

41 days since last period...

(8 Posts)
HamFace Fri 27-Jun-14 19:57:24

Hello! So, as I said really...it's now 41 days since the last day of my last period. I came off cerazette earlier this year and cycles have been 32, 35, 33 days according to period tracking app thing. I have taken 10miu tests which are saying negative. We're not officially ttc, just taking a 'let's see what happens' approach, but this has really thrown me! Any advice? Is it worth trying different types of test? It's horrible not knowing what's going on!
TIA

pyrowall Fri 27-Jun-14 21:32:40

No advice really but I'd been waiting for 40 days for my AF (arrived today)! I'd done so many tests - 3 brands! All BFN!
This was my first hormone free cycle since stopping Yasmin.
Advice I'd read was to test every 5 days until no AF for 60 days.
Hang in there - she's around somewhere!

HamFace Fri 27-Jun-14 21:36:22

Thankyou for your reply. I guess I know it's just a waiting game really but I feel so sad not knowing what's going on. Will test once a week for a bit, hopefully won't be waiting too long

pyrowall Fri 27-Jun-14 21:47:03

I'm sure you won't be!
She'll get you when you least expect!

HamFace Sun 29-Jun-14 19:45:49

43 days now...still not a sign of my period - I have random days of slight cramping for a few weeks now. Is this just 'one of those things' or should I be booking a dr appointment? Dh reckons it's psychosomatic as I want to be pregnant hmm I suppose I do want to be pregnant - but I'd really like a period about now so I know what is going on!

patientlywaitingformymiracle Sun 29-Jun-14 20:52:25

Its hard but try to limit yourself to a stick a week -- or it will drive you crazy!! (Believe me, I know...currently at day 73!!) Long cycles are so crap but hang on it there xx

icy121 Sun 29-Jun-14 21:00:10

It's one of those things; when I came off cilest years ago it took 3 months to af. Yasmin this time took about 40. My cycle is 35-39 anyway tho.

It'll come back but take it's own sweet time. "AF" is a rubbish name for it, should be Mother F...

HamFace Sun 29-Jun-14 22:42:37

Thanks for the reassurance, I think I was lulled in to a false sense of security by having 3 regular-ish cycles when we were using condoms and now we've gone to 'forgetting' and then to just not even mentioning condoms & I've had this crazy long cycle.
Will just have to wait and see. Wishing you all pain free regularity! smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: