Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Pain in left ovary - First time TTC

(6 Posts)
R0ckCh1c Fri 27-Jun-14 13:46:35

I've recently come off the pill and have had my first 'normal' period since coming off it. AF is due mid next week, but the last 2 days I've had sharp pain on and off where my left ovary would be. I usually only get pain the first day before AF arrives. Has anyone experienced the same thing? Do you think I should see the doctor? Could it be a cyst? Or am I just experiencing early period symptoms?

squizita Fri 27-Jun-14 13:53:29

I had this when ovulating - could be because you're now off the pill? I also have a harmless tiny cyst on one side, which hurt more than the other.
My fertility is fine, am 29 weeks pregnant.

Ask to see your GP for a check up, but should be OK.

R0ckCh1c Fri 27-Jun-14 13:59:07

If it means I'm ovulating I know what I'll be doing this weekend lol wink.

Congratulation on your pregnancy & hope the birth goes well smile

PerpetualStudent Fri 27-Jun-14 17:46:47

I've had a similar thing on my right side since coming off the pill in April, thought it was ovulation pains, but from research on here now wondering if it could be a cyst. Squizita do you know if the pilk can mask symptoms of a cyst?

R0ckCh1c Fri 27-Jun-14 21:04:52

I've done further research on google (not sure if that was a good idea as made me slightly worried) it says pill can mask poly cystic ovary symdrome which means it can take longer to conceive.

Squizita - when you had cysts, did you experience sharp on & off pain for a few days a month or was it constant & daily?

squizita Sun 29-Jun-14 12:30:48

It was only during ov - it throbbed. Just the one and too small to affect fertility I was told (and I fell pregnant within 3 months of being given the all clear by my consultant, for another condition).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: