Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Husband referred to my EWCM as....

(13 Posts)
Gemerama Thu 26-Jun-14 11:24:12

Last night my husband made me have a serious fit of the giggles when he very solemnly tried to comfort me re my OPK failure by saying...

"but you had the slime the other day baby, so that's a good sign"

I just couldn't stop laughing....even when dtd, which made it somewhat challenging for him to get started. Particularly coupled with the fact we had the food network on in the background and Jamie Oliver suddenly came on exclaiming....

whizzy wazzy woo woo!"

...which made me get the giggles again and then a few minutes later some American chef said...

"yer gonna wanna toss that thoroughly"

...re. a salad, but you can imagine!!

m33r Thu 26-Jun-14 11:37:50

I love it when they're supportive!! Very used with the sincerity of his reassurance! :-)

Gemerama Thu 26-Jun-14 11:42:58

Bless him smile

Gemerama Thu 26-Jun-14 11:44:22

He said "what do you call it then?" And I said "mucus" and he was like "oh coz thats so much better!"

He does have a point!

jdear Thu 26-Jun-14 12:53:48

Hahaha that made me LOL at work!

My hubby calls it goo. He asks if I'm gooey yet!

Gemerama Thu 26-Jun-14 12:58:11

Lol, well I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Gemerama Fri 27-Jun-14 17:16:17

Anyone else's OH got any 'special' terminology like this?!

fattycow Sat 28-Jun-14 20:27:57

Yep. He refers to my period as 'broken belly'. Sex is called 'flattening'.
He is supportive, but words like mucus are not really for him. He talks about 'sticky stuff'. He has a point, the fertile slime is sticky.

patientlywaitingformymiracle Sun 29-Jun-14 20:56:20

Love this post ☺ especially the DTD whilst watching the food channel!!

KittenOfWoe Mon 30-Jun-14 11:24:53

This has given me a good old cackle, thank you!
Poor husby is horrified at the ewcm element of ttc "what you .. like .. see how far you can stretch it?" Fascinating take on it, but..!

Gemerama Mon 30-Jun-14 15:09:51

Kitten happy to be of service smile

patience, you know it starts off all romantic in the first couple of weeks of cycle, but toward the second couple of weeks it becomes a bit more routine! ;)

bellaboo88 Tue 01-Jul-14 09:50:01

My ewcm was ectoplasm!

He got freaked out by all terminology so had to always talk about it in a film plot/star wars way I.e the mother ship has reported ectoplasm. Release of the blastoid is imminent etc!

It worked :-) xx

m33r Tue 01-Jul-14 15:25:18

bellaboo I am in GPs waiting room stifling laughter :-)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: