Talk

Advanced search

Is this a BFP or not???

(22 Posts)
MayimBialik Mon 31-Mar-14 23:26:42

I POAS earlier, whilst giving DS a bath. I looked at it for about a minute, no line came up, so chucked it on the side and forgot about it. "Knew" I wasn't pregnant as have started having light spotting in the last couple of days so was just making sure so I could move on in my head iyswim. Anyway, fast forward several hours, have just come up to bed, absentmindedly picked up the discarded test and it's showing positive! Now is this going to be an evap line? I know the answer is going to be "POAS again" but I have no S to PO and a whole night between now and when I can get one. I don't want to get my hopes up in that time! Do HPTs often show BFP after window is up? I don't know when the line appeared as I didn't look after 1 -2 mins max.

Bring me back down to earth!!!!!

MayimBialik Mon 31-Mar-14 23:28:56

I'm only about 10-11 dpo but started having brown cm 2 days ago. I get this every month before AF but this was a lot sooner than usual which through me.

ThefutureMrsTatum Mon 31-Mar-14 23:31:08

If it's a blue test, I would probably hedge bets on it being an evap. If it's a red dye, I'd be a little more hopeful. Fingers crossed for you

MayimBialik Mon 31-Mar-14 23:35:36

It's a red dye - well pink. Morrisons own brand cheap test. How come blue dye more likely to create evap lines?

Tranquilitybaby Mon 31-Mar-14 23:39:08

D

Tranquilitybaby Mon 31-Mar-14 23:39:28

Do you have any opk tests you could PO?

WishUponAStar88 Mon 31-Mar-14 23:42:43

This happened to me with a first response and I was pregnant. I think pink dye tests are less likely to have evap lines.
Only way to know is to retest tomorrow though - good luck which ever way you hope the test will go!

MayimBialik Mon 31-Mar-14 23:49:30

No, no OPKs hmm. I'm just going to have to wait til tomorrow and try to not work myself up into a frenzy in the meantime. I had a bit of pinky red spotting today and cramping so not hopeful really. Thanks for your replies.

ThefutureMrsTatum Mon 31-Mar-14 23:49:54

Yes, blue dye tests are more likely to create evap lines. Pink/red dye tests are better. I used cheap ones from home bargains for my BFP's, they were 1.99 for 3 and extremely sensitive. Also superdrug tests are good and cheapish. Let us know how you get on and try and get some sleep!

MayimBialik Mon 31-Mar-14 23:52:51

Thanks thefuturemrstatum! I shall update tomorrow!

Cupcake92 Tue 01-Apr-14 07:24:01

Good luck I hope it's deffo bfp for u !! :D
Let us know x

Tilly28 Tue 01-Apr-14 17:54:44

So......MayimBialik was it a bfp??? :-)

MayimBialik Tue 01-Apr-14 18:27:45

Thanks for all the replies last night - UPDATE: did a FRER after work and BOOM - BFP!! I'm still spotting though which didn't happen last time I was pregnant so I'm very cautious. It's like brown Cm. I've had it 4 times today on wiping - that's out of about 50000 visits to the toilet on knicker watch. So we shall see. Que sera sera!

Tilly28 Tue 01-Apr-14 22:08:06

Eeekk! Congratulations!!! Sounds promising!!! Will keep fingers crossed for you!! :-)

Cupcake92 Tue 01-Apr-14 22:21:28

Woooo! Congrats! Get seen by the gp to be sure but it sounds very promising! :D

MayimBialik Tue 01-Apr-14 22:27:34

Cupcake - do you think I should go to the GP because of the spotting? I read somewhere tonight that it can be a sign of ectopic pregnancy eek! shock

Tranquilitybaby Tue 01-Apr-14 22:30:52

Fab news, brown spotting is very common though, try not to worry xxx

ThefutureMrsTatum Tue 01-Apr-14 23:20:48

Brill news. Yes, brown spotting very common, I had it with DC1, quite a lot for a few weeks, however nothing at all with the other two. Fingers crossed for you. It could be an xmas baby!

Cupcake92 Wed 02-Apr-14 05:53:18

Brown spotting is common so I wouldnt worry. I'd go gp anyway to confirm the pregnancy and just mention it. That way u always get a piece of mind. smile
I never believed my tests when I had my first and I had also been on a night out the night before I'd tested and got very drunk! So went gp to check everything was going to be okay. It's just nice for another person to tell u ur 100% pregnant n everything's fine lol :p then it all feels real.
So happy u got ur bfp smile can't wait to get mine!

MayimBialik Wed 02-Apr-14 07:14:45

Thanks everyone! And thanks for the reassurance re: the spotting. Hope you all get your BFPs soon smilesmilesmile

ThefutureMrsTatum Wed 02-Apr-14 09:56:37

Oh gosh, I'm not hoping for another, DS2 is only 15 weeks old! Haha

MayimBialik Wed 02-Apr-14 16:01:16

Apart from you then thefuturemrstatum - keep your legs crossedwink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now