Talk

Advanced search

Circle of life

(4 Posts)
Noappointmentnecessary Mon 31-Mar-14 18:19:08

Wemstarted trying literally yesterday. Today, my husband came home from work and found out a relative passed away yesterday. He then turned and asked me if I could be pregnant? He has a theory that when one life does another is reborn. Anyone else believe in this? What's more, I been feeling a bit funny down there today. I would be completely amazed if we have managed to conceive this quickly. Furthermore, I still can't believe how quickly I managed to have 2 normal periods since coming of the pill.

bellaboo88 Mon 31-Mar-14 18:25:29

I'd like to think that, I lost a loved one the month we started trying...last time I saw her she told me to quit my job & have a family. I vowed that if we did get preggers that month & it was a girl, I'd name baby after her.

Still waiting xx

Noappointmentnecessary Mon 31-Mar-14 18:42:08

If it happens it happens. It's my birthday next month and I would like to get smashed 1 last time x

clementinesandbananas Mon 31-Mar-14 18:50:19

At the risk of sounding very holier-than-thou...

It takes three months for an egg to ripen and be ovulated, so you should really be preparing for pregnancy during that time. I'm not saying don't drink but 'getting smashed' probably isn't the healthiest choice either for you or a baby.

But about the circle of life: the day after #1 was born DH went to the funeral of his grandmother (he visited us in the hospital in his suit which raised some eyebrows!).

And #2 was born a week after DH's uncle died.

Definitely something in it - there's always a huge surge in births after disasters (such as 9/11).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now