Talk

Advanced search

There is sometimes hope for LTTCers

(6 Posts)
GoooRooo Sun 30-Mar-14 19:46:17

Hello folks,

I am relatively new to MN - I have lurked for a while.

I just wanted to let the LTTCers know that sometimes there is hope.

I was TTC for five years. Started the day we got married - we were both 32. Two years later I had ovarian cysts removed laprascopically and I had an HSG (so so painful!) After that, they just couldn't find a reason for us not to conceive but nothing happened.

After five years I finally fell pregnant and gave birth to my son two years ago at the age of 37. We had almost given up hope of it ever happening!

We started TTC number two immediately and it's taken us just under two years this time but I am now 6 weeks pregnant with a second child. We had said we'd stop TTC when I turn 40 (in September) so I just snuck this one in under the wire!

I went through lots of different emotions when I was TTC including bitterness, sadness, anger, guilt, hopelessness and despair. It was a horrible, desperate time and I do not wish it on my worst enemy.

I have my fingers crossed that all of you who are TTC, but especially those of you who have been trying for a long time, get your babies soon.

x

m33r Sun 30-Mar-14 20:57:46

This made me cry. Thank you so much. I hope you've had a great Mother's Day xx

Parsley2506 Sun 30-Mar-14 21:07:01

Thank you for the words of hope, and I hope you've enjoyed your hard won Mother's Day today.

GoooRooo Sun 30-Mar-14 21:31:26

Oh blimey - sorry to make you cry!

Motherhood has been testing and knackering (as it is for all mums I think) but the struggle to conceive has given me such an appreciation for how lucky I am to have my DS.

m33r Sun 30-Mar-14 22:05:21

Cry in a good way goo! Thank you again ... So much x

lessonsintightropes Sun 30-Mar-14 22:06:17

A heartfelt thank you on a difficult day flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now