Talk

Advanced search

Browny CM at 8dpo

(4 Posts)
MayimBialik Sun 30-Mar-14 19:22:11

I desperately want it to be IB but it's more than likely early AF isn't it. I usually spot before AF and this happens at about 11 or 12dpo so this has caught me majorly by surprise. Also it's a lot lighter - there's been some on 2 wipes over the last 2 days (today and yesterday) but more often than not it's been just like EWCM. I do also have mild cramping (noticeable only if I think about it) in lower back.

Indulge me, have You ever had spotting and been pregnant? Or should I just accept that AF is on its way waaaaaaah!!

blamber Sun 30-Mar-14 22:22:11

It's more likely spotting before AF than implantation bleeding. I used to get it before AF, sometimes starting on 8dpo, sometimes a few days later. Last cycle, spotting started on 9dpo, but then stopped 12 dpo and I got my BFP the day after. So just because you're spotting doesn't mean you're out! Good luck.

MayimBialik Sun 30-Mar-14 23:49:45

Thanks Blamber. Ive spotted before AF for years, bloody (no pun intended!) annoying when TTC because there's still that annoying in between stage when you're disappointed that AF is almost certainly on her way but there's still that seed of possibility in your head.

Interesting to hear people do get spotting before BFP. I actually didn't when I got pregnant with DC1 - that's how I knew I was pregnant, because the spotting hadn't started.

blamber Mon 31-Mar-14 16:59:11

Spotting starts when your progesterone starts dropping. When implantation happens, progesterone goes up again. So I guess it depends on when that takes place if you get spotting or not.

I know how annoying it is though! I was also worried that spotting could affect conception, but I think usually it doesn't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now