Talk

Advanced search

Any ideas why ovulation tests are not working for me?

(10 Posts)
JasmineL Thu 27-Mar-14 20:31:12

Hi all.
I decided to give some ovulation tests a go, but after taking 12 tests in a row and not getting any detection I'm starting to wonder if I'm ovulating at all!
I'm interested in any thoughts or similar experiences! Please help.
Thanks in advance. Xxx

RPopz Thu 27-Mar-14 20:46:29

12 tests in one month? Or 12 months? If you don't think you're ovulating I'd go see the gp x

eurochick Thu 27-Mar-14 20:47:33

Are your cycles regular? If not, PCOS would be the most likely suspect.

ChaircatMiaow Thu 27-Mar-14 21:08:33

Hi jasmine, I'm in the same situation. No positive opk at all this month even though my cm indicated that I was fertile.

Sorry that's not any help to you at all!

Gooseysgirl Thu 27-Mar-14 21:11:29

Sorry if this is not helpful but are you POAS at the right time of day? Haven't used them since I was last TTC but i think the ones I used gave best results later in the day?

blamber Thu 27-Mar-14 21:44:51

Some women never get a positive, but still ovulate. The LH surge can be very short, so if you don't test a few times a day you may miss it. It's also normal to get the occasional cycle where you don't ovulate. If your cycles are regular, just dtd every other day or so in your most fertile weeks.

Needtochillax Thu 27-Mar-14 21:50:14

Hello. I recently bought some ovulation tests and found out that I ovulate a lot later than what I thought. How have you been testing? I read online that the optimum time is between 2-2:30pm. So I tested then and again in the evening. Before reading this I treated them like pregnancy tests and would do them in the morning. Was very surprised when I received a positive! (hopefully this will give me a bfp hpt this month...)

Beansprout30 Fri 28-Mar-14 13:23:52

Hi ive been wondering the same ive got a faint second line showing on mine today, cd16, going to do another when I get home from work but I was expecting it 3 days ago so ovulate later than I thought

JasmineL Tue 01-Apr-14 19:31:24

Thanks for all of your responses. I took 12 tests in one month RPopz. Since coming off of the pill about 6 months ago my periods have been a little irregular eurochick. One month my cycle was 28 days, then 10 days, then 26 and this month 24! I've been testing various times of the day Gooseysgirl, usually between 10.30am and 4.30pm, but only once a day.

MissHobart Wed 02-Apr-14 10:03:37

I was doing two a day from CD10 until I got a positive, get some cheapies and piss with abandon! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now