Talk

Advanced search

Second faint line on opk strip 6-7 days after ovulation. Is this normal? Am I pregnant?

(12 Posts)
Monkeybubbles1 Thu 27-Mar-14 18:17:43

Basically just that. Surely all the lute missing hormone is out of my blood by now and second line shouldn't be turning up on opk 7 days after ovulation?

Monkeybubbles1 Thu 27-Mar-14 18:18:38

I meant *luteinising hormone. Grr at autocorrect.

KittyVonCatsington Thu 27-Mar-14 18:19:39

Not sure, but don't most OPKs always have a second faint line (unlike pregnancy tests)? When they are the same colour, then you have the LH surge. What brand are you using?

Monkeybubbles1 Thu 27-Mar-14 18:20:55

Ic brand :/

Monkeybubbles1 Thu 27-Mar-14 18:21:41

Awww damn I thought I was going to get an v. early positive there haha. Never mind.

NatashaBee Thu 27-Mar-14 18:26:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Monkeybubbles1 Thu 27-Mar-14 18:29:41

We're in the same boat Natashabee

KittyVonCatsington Thu 27-Mar-14 18:34:19

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! blush They do work differently to pregnancy tests. There are always two lines, with one fainter than the control line. An LH surge is indicated by both lines the same colour as the control line. However, doesn't mean that BFPs aren't on their way - good luck!!!

Monkeybubbles1 Thu 27-Mar-14 18:40:28

Thank you very much Kitty

espa Thu 27-Mar-14 21:35:31

I don't always get a faint second line, yesterday and today I only had the control line (day 9 of cycle). Last month (first month of using) I only got the faint line just before and just after ovulation. Am I doing it wrong?!

blamber Thu 27-Mar-14 21:43:01

It depends per woman, some always have a bit of LH in their system which will show up, others have lower levels. You can't always tell if your surge is coming up either. Only a second line as the control line can tell you for sure you're having an LH surge.

ImBrian Sun 30-Mar-14 07:52:51

I get a faint line most of the time. I'm 5 weeks pregnant and did one yesterday to test the opk as a hpt thing and it's definitely true. Line went dark as soon as it got wet and I've never had one go so dark so fast. If you are pregnant the opk should get darker over the next few days I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now