Talk

Advanced search

Opinions..

(7 Posts)
Christinedonna Wed 26-Mar-14 19:40:53

Whether it's statistically speaking or based on your own knowledge or assumption, how likely do you think pregnancy is,having dtd 11times during suspected ovulation. My period is due on the 28th, waiting it killing me! Possible implantation bleeding, bloated and frequent urination..along with a few twinges and cramps in the lower abdomen and back. I know no one can give me an answer and I know its possible. I don't need a lesson on the facts of life I'm just requesting an opinion. What do you think?

06097196 Wed 26-Mar-14 19:49:31

I've read, statistically speaking, a man and a woman both with good fertility who have sex at the right time will have a 20% percent chance of conceiving that month.
That was on the nhs website, I was a bit disappointed with such a low percentage too :/

Christinedonna Wed 26-Mar-14 19:52:06

All percentages I hear are shockingly low! I'm driving myself crazy here. Makes you wonder how these Jeremy Kyle lot manage it so easy!

06097196 Wed 26-Mar-14 19:57:11

Gosh I know,
Mad how a couple can get pregnant after one contraceptive failure and then a few years later spend years and years trying to conceive (my parents for example!)

misshoohaa Wed 26-Mar-14 20:01:07

Sounds odd but I don't think (in my opinion, you did ask!) that the more you DTD the higher the chances. We tried for a few months with lots of well timed shagging, ovulation sticks, legs in the air and all the advice taken. No luck.

The month with fell pregnant we DTD'd about 3 times, but one of those times was quite alcohol fuelled and much more sex, than 'trying'. I'd also cut a heap of stress out of my life and had gotten over a conception milestone I was quite fixated on, I was desperate not to have more than a 3 yr gap!

So I think your chances of success are probably about 20% which is the average, no more, no less despite your efforts! wink

Good luck, I hope it's your month! grin

Christinedonna Wed 26-Mar-14 20:04:01

Its horrible having to wait when you know the answer you're dreading is on the horizon. Nothing seems to take my mind off it. Thank god I'm half asleep when I go to the toilet first time in the morning or I'd be on the road to poverty. It's so discouraging getting a BFN even though you know that means nothing as it's far too early. Every little movement or twinge I'm thinking "could that be a symptom??" "What does that mean?" I need to bury my head or tie my hands behind my back to stop myself. I'm not even sure when the right time to test will be.

Christinedonna Wed 26-Mar-14 20:05:28

What a pain..all that effort gone to waste!;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now