Talk

Advanced search

BFP after 2 MCs and terrified of it happening again

(3 Posts)
MrsFtn Wed 26-Mar-14 11:48:38

I have just had a BFP this morning after ttc #2 for 12 months. I had a MC in May 13 and another in September 13 - both at about 6 or 7 weeks. I am trying to be positive about this one but I am already dreading going to the loo in case I see blood. I just don't know how I'm going to get through the next few weeks (if I make it as far as the 12 week scan). Apart from taking vitamins and trying not to get worked up about the whole thing, I just feel so helpless that I can't do anything to prevent another MC if it does happen again. I did a cheap test which showed a line almost invisible to the naked eye yesterday so DH went out and got a CB digital predictor one for this morning which read Pregnant 1-2 weeks. I am worried that the line was so faint - this was the case with my first MC too. I think I will try and hold out a few more days and then test again to see if the line is darker - maybe that will put my mind at rest a bit. I think AF would be due tomorrow but I have had long, fairly irregular cycles since ERPC in September so it's hard to calculate.

I even had bleeding with my first pregnancy (DD is now 3) but she was a very sticky determined little bean and held on. I just feel like it is only a matter of time before it all starts again.

Just wanted to put it all in writing, sorry for the essay - it's hard this early when no one else knows so it helps to be able to tell you ladies. DH is excited and I am trying to be more positive but I also don't want to get my hopes up.

bessie84 Wed 26-Mar-14 11:58:47

i dont have no words of wisdom for you lovely, just wanted to send hugs. we had mc in spet too and ttc since with nothing happening, but your fear is same as mine, and its perfectly normal. just try and relax, like u say, nothing you can do to change anything. fingers crossed this is your sticky bean.

wish you all the luck and hugs xxx

MrsFtn Wed 26-Mar-14 14:35:00

Thank you bessie. Sorry to hear about your mc, I hope you get your bfp soon. Positive thoughts all round xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now