Talk

Advanced search

how reliable are opks?

(7 Posts)
Beansprout30 Wed 26-Mar-14 11:13:57

This is my first cycle ttc but due to dh's job I thought id try ovulation sticks as im not sure wheb I ovulate and if I could establish that he could come home for a quick bd! So far im on cd14 of usually 28 day cycle and no bfp with the sticks, I have been testing twice a day since cd9 so was hoping for something by now? No noticeable cm either?

Madratlady Wed 26-Mar-14 11:17:40

I never noticed any cm but conceived the first monh we tried opks as it turned out I was ovulating much later than I though. My cycles weren't regular after stopping the pill.

somedizzywhore1804 Wed 26-Mar-14 11:24:33

I only ever got an opk to work once in 5 ish months of using even though I had other signs of ovulation and eventually got pregnant so, I don't think they work for me.

Inshock73 Wed 26-Mar-14 12:55:14

I use the Clearblue Blue advanced digital opk, one of the more expensive ones but I find it really reliable.

angelicjen Thu 27-Mar-14 06:22:04

Keep trying. I get a positive on cd 17. Test in the afternoon. Good luck!

Penguin13 Thu 27-Mar-14 09:18:01

You may want to try charting your temperature in conjunction with the sticks Bean, I used clearblue digital advanced and I got a positive on cd12 but because my temp didn't go up afterwards I knew to keep testing. Got another positive on cd17 and a temp rise afterwards. If I hadn't have used temping I might have missed my real ovulation and my subsequent BFP this week! The sticks are useful in telling you your body is preparing to ovulate but with temps you can confirm afterwards that it happened. Hope that makes sense?

Beansprout30 Thu 27-Mar-14 11:11:55

Thanks all for the advice I will defo look at temping nextcycle if not successful this time smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now