Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

First IVF appointment

(8 Posts)
Liquoriceallsort Wed 26-Mar-14 07:51:47

We had our first IVF appointment yesterday after waiting nearly a year to be referred. I am excited and nervous, dh and I decided not to tell anyone in rl so if anyone on here is going through/ has gone through a similar experience I would love to hear your stories smile

NewlymrsB Wed 26-Mar-14 08:50:41

I'm not but just wanted to wish u luck xx

Liquoriceallsort Wed 26-Mar-14 09:09:54

Thank you smile

Nordicmom Wed 26-Mar-14 09:13:31

Good luck ! Been through it twice and it worked or us (dd 2y now) although with a gestational surrogate ( long story ...). Might end up doing it again but myself at least to start with for a number 3.

Liquoriceallsort Wed 26-Mar-14 13:21:46

Congratulations! I Just had a call to say it might be this month.... Nervous!!

carriebella Wed 26-Mar-14 15:26:02

Hi Liquoriceallsort, I start down regging for my first ivf/icsi on sunday and am really nervous too. Excited though as its finally happening as have been ttc for over 7 yrs. Just wanted you to know you are not alone and wish you Good Luck. Fingers crossed its our time.

Happilymarried155 Wed 26-Mar-14 16:23:27

Hi,
I've got my first ivf appointment next week, been ttc for three years now. I had three attempts at iui, one was successful but ended in miscarriage. I'm really keen to start ivf- I just want it too happen. The doctor gave us really good success rates so I've got everything crossed it happens first time!

I've also decided in having the endo scratch- it's not offered on the nhs but it can improve success rates by 20% I want throw everything I have at the first attempt! It's so hard not to get your hopes up though isn't it!

Good luck, hopefully we can help each other through it x

Liquoriceallsort Wed 26-Mar-14 21:15:57

Hello and good luck to both of you! I hadn't heard of an endo scratch until today, I didn't realise how much of a difference it makes!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: