Talk

Advanced search

First IVF appointment

(8 Posts)
Liquoriceallsort Wed 26-Mar-14 07:51:47

We had our first IVF appointment yesterday after waiting nearly a year to be referred. I am excited and nervous, dh and I decided not to tell anyone in rl so if anyone on here is going through/ has gone through a similar experience I would love to hear your stories smile

NewlymrsB Wed 26-Mar-14 08:50:41

I'm not but just wanted to wish u luck xx

Liquoriceallsort Wed 26-Mar-14 09:09:54

Thank you smile

Nordicmom Wed 26-Mar-14 09:13:31

Good luck ! Been through it twice and it worked or us (dd 2y now) although with a gestational surrogate ( long story ...). Might end up doing it again but myself at least to start with for a number 3.

Liquoriceallsort Wed 26-Mar-14 13:21:46

Congratulations! I Just had a call to say it might be this month.... Nervous!!

carriebella Wed 26-Mar-14 15:26:02

Hi Liquoriceallsort, I start down regging for my first ivf/icsi on sunday and am really nervous too. Excited though as its finally happening as have been ttc for over 7 yrs. Just wanted you to know you are not alone and wish you Good Luck. Fingers crossed its our time.

Happilymarried155 Wed 26-Mar-14 16:23:27

Hi,
I've got my first ivf appointment next week, been ttc for three years now. I had three attempts at iui, one was successful but ended in miscarriage. I'm really keen to start ivf- I just want it too happen. The doctor gave us really good success rates so I've got everything crossed it happens first time!

I've also decided in having the endo scratch- it's not offered on the nhs but it can improve success rates by 20% I want throw everything I have at the first attempt! It's so hard not to get your hopes up though isn't it!

Good luck, hopefully we can help each other through it x

Liquoriceallsort Wed 26-Mar-14 21:15:57

Hello and good luck to both of you! I hadn't heard of an endo scratch until today, I didn't realise how much of a difference it makes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now