Talk

Advanced search

When can i do a prgnancy test?

(3 Posts)
JoSparrow Tue 25-Mar-14 18:38:37

I normally get the Depo injection and it was due the top up on the 1st March - i totally forgot and had unprotected sex on the 17th March. I didn't realise till now i was not covered then.
I know the depo jab affects your fertility for a while and the likelihood of me being pregnant this quickly is slim but i'd like to be sure! I haven't had any periods while i've been on the jab so i don't know when i should expect one or when to do a test to be sure im not pregnant before i go back to get the jab. How soon can i test? (i got the first response early tests today)

MyNameIsKenAdams Tue 25-Mar-14 18:40:21

Technically ten days after conception comes implantation and only after implantation would you get a BFP. Tbh id say wait til 5th April just to make doubly sure.

if you pee on a stick much earlier it may just be a bit too early.

Nottalotta Tue 25-Mar-14 19:06:48

I had my last jab sept 2012 and didn't get a period til june 2013. I have been having unprotected sex the whole time and actively trying since June!! So i'd say you'd be super unlucky (or lucky delending....) to have got pregnant!

I agree with the post above - wait at least 14 days after you dtd.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now