Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation stick question

(5 Posts)
FlabbyMcTat Tue 25-Mar-14 18:27:37

I am trying to follow the SMEP this month. I did ovulation tests on day 8 and 9, both had a very faint line. Today (day 10) I have a darker line but it's not as dark as the test line. Is this the surge?

My cycles are usually 25-27 days long, if that has any bearing on it.

Any ideas would be helpful!

Inshock73 Tue 25-Mar-14 18:47:01

Well the Luteal phase (time between ovulation and AF) is 'on average' 10-16 days so if your cycle is 25-27 days ovulation could be anytime between cd 10-17 so I reckon you're approaching but not there yet. Probably best to get busy for the next few days smile Good luck!

bonzo77 Tue 25-Mar-14 18:52:19

Agree with the above. I'd try testing 2-3 times a day until you get a positive or the test line fades. It's easy to miss the surge as it's very brief.

FlabbyMcTat Tue 25-Mar-14 19:20:48

Thanks for the advice. How long is the surge?

bonzo77 Tue 25-Mar-14 22:14:37

not sure exactly, but I have in the past had a nearly positive in the morning, a proper positive mid afternoon and a light (clearly negative) second line by 6pm. So I suspect it could be as short as 3 hrs. I'm really good at weeing on sticks, much less so at getting pregnant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now