Talk

Advanced search

Nothing to report thread

(9 Posts)
Thistledew Tue 25-Mar-14 16:12:55

Does anyone feel like keeping me company on the most boring thread ever where we have nothing to report?

I came off the pill at the end of January, had a withdrawal bleed and absolutely nothing has happened since.

No period. A few changes in CM, but no EWCM. I'm now officially on CD 51. Definitely not pregnant as I took a test a week ago, as I was getting a small bit of spotting and 'heavy' feeling like my period should be coming.

It really would be good if something happened!

bellaboo88 Tue 25-Mar-14 17:28:38

Hello!!

Happy to join you, I'm having a break as I'd prefer not to have a Xmas baby.

The small bit of spotting, was it (tmi) brown or touch of red?

Mine have been super light since I came off microgynon.

One old bus passenger got her bfp after an extremely long cycle, she just ovulated very very late! Xx

sherbertlemon17 Tue 25-Mar-14 17:32:57

Hey thistlesew! I know exactly how you feel! Had my withdrawal first week of Jan and nothing since!

Got the docs on Thurs to see what they can do. It's soooo frustrating isn't it. confused Are you ttc anyway?

Thistledew Tue 25-Mar-14 17:35:58

Hi bella - good to have some company. I was beginning to wonder if I had created the most boring thread ever.

The spotting was brown, and was really very light, so I'm not sure that it counts for anything.

Whilst we are on TMI subjects, when I was on the pill I used to get what seemed to be EWCM whilst I was on my period/withdrawal bleed. It definitely was not blood clots, as it was sometimes pale in colour. Has anyone else had this? What does it mean for my cycle now?

Thistledew Tue 25-Mar-14 17:39:30

Hi sherbert - Let me know what the Dr says. I don't know how long to leave it before booking an appointment myself. I have heard that it is very common to have to wait a long time before your first period after stopping the pill.

I was thinking of trying acupuncture to see if that would get things moving. Has anyone else tried this?

DH and I are not using any other form of contraception when we dtd, so I suppose that means we are ttc anyway.

sherbertlemon17 Tue 25-Mar-14 18:34:31

Will do thistledew... I really don't want to get fobbed off! It does appear to be quite common but I'm worried that something else might be wrong! I've no reason to think this; I'm just a worrier! Haha!

I've heard some stories of women getting pregnant after about6 months and still not getting a period. Hope that's me but obviously less than 6 months! wink

mrshjb Tue 25-Mar-14 21:18:10

Hey I've come across you all on other threads but this one is definitely the one for me. Came off the pill on October. Had 2x 55 day ish cycles and 1x 29 day cycle in the middle of those. No idea what the hell is going on with my body so I've kind of nothing to report until anything happens. Frustrating isn't it!

I've not tried acupuncture yet, but I've been having reflexology this cycle, hoping it might help but who knows. Been using OPKs too but not got much faith in them because the 29 day cycle is the only other time I used them and I got my positive during the day and it was gone by night so unless I get lucky and OV on a day I'm off work it's unlikely I'll catch it. My bbt thermometer has come today but it does seem like an absolute ball ache to be honest. But the not knowing is veeeeeeeeeery stressful so anything I can do to try and work out what's going on has to be a good thing I think!

So that's me pretty much!

mrshjb Wed 26-Mar-14 09:17:53

I've created a thread asking people how long it took for their cycles to regulate after coming off the pill. Hopefully will get some responses, feel free to join to see if we can get any advice!!!

Nottalotta Wed 26-Mar-14 15:28:48

Afternoon ladies. I wasn't on the pill but was on the depo jab. I had my last jab sept 2012, and they last for 12weeks. So i was covered until dec 6th 2012.

I didn't get AF until June 2013. I went to the docs in may, and he said not to worry and it could take up to a year for af to return. He did send me for some prelim blood tests which were 'normal' but god knows what they tested for.

Pleased to say though that I have had regular cycles since then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now