Talk

Advanced search

Desperate for some advise/ reassurance please?

(5 Posts)
Blondie276 Tue 25-Mar-14 09:41:38

Hi all,
I know i am probably sounding stupid to many and probably need to just be patient but-
I had my DD 14 weeks ago and BF for 2 months. I stopped BF 5 weeks ago but still have not had an AF.
We are wanting to start TTC for #2 and I'm having a panic something is wrong with me and I might now have secondary infertility. I know I'm probably over anxious but has anyone got any advise? Is this normal?
Thank you

LuckyAugust Tue 25-Mar-14 10:12:26

I'm not sure if you still ovulate or not when bf (I'm sure I know of someone who fell pregnant whilst bf though...). Have you poas just to rule out that you're not already pregnant?

Blondie276 Tue 25-Mar-14 11:01:54

Yeh I have- had done 2 tests two weeks apart and both BFN. I don't think I've ovulated at all as having been keeping an eye on cervical mucas and nothing indicating ovulation. Just not sure whether I should be concerned or not. It's also frustrating that we want to try and can't sad

LuckyAugust Tue 25-Mar-14 18:58:05

I'm sorry I don't know anything else about this sad . Maybe contact your gp for advice or start recording your temperature each morning; that would tell you if you were ovulating or not. There's a brilliant app called 'ferility friend' which could help smile

Nottalotta Tue 25-Mar-14 19:02:26

I don't think its at all unusual to not get af at the early stage. Speak to your GP but am sure (from what a friend told me) that it won't be a concern jyst yet and your body will return to normal in time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now