Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy Vitamins

(13 Posts)
sparkbubbles Mon 24-Mar-14 20:50:47

Hello all,
I have started taking a well known pregnancy vitamin on recommendation having started ttc first baby a few weeks ago.
I have been feeling unwell for at least a week and a half...probably a coincidence but I am rarely ill.
Just wondered if anyone had had a not so great experience with them?
Thanks!

Inshock73 Mon 24-Mar-14 21:55:48

I'm taking Trying for a baby and they're fine, I've read a few reviews on here about side effects from pregnacare...

MooMaid Mon 24-Mar-14 22:00:14

I'm about to start taking Sanatogen ones so will let you know, but I haven't heard of many issues? What sort of unwell?

sparkbubbles Tue 25-Mar-14 06:41:41

Been through a bit of a spectrum of symptoms! Achey, headache, flu symptoms, stomach aches, nausea. It's not pregnancy but is probably just a coincidence to be honest but haven't shaken it off yet!

mrshjb Tue 25-Mar-14 06:50:40

I started taking pregnacare a few cycles ago but stopped because they were upsetting my stomach. I've started again this month but I take them at night and that seems to be working this cycle, fingers crossed anyways!

kitkatkaty87 Tue 25-Mar-14 07:28:30

I started taking pregnacare and lasted about a month as they made me bleed - very strange! So I stopped and bleeding stopped and now taking seven seas trying for a baby which I have had no ill effects from and they're cheaper!

eurochick Tue 25-Mar-14 07:49:59

Are you taking them with food?

mrshjb Tue 25-Mar-14 07:54:12

That's crazy that they make you bleed. I really didn't realise quite how temperamental cycles were until I actually start going through it! I've heard a lot of good things about the seven seas ones though so I'll probably start on those when I've used up my pregnacare or if I start having side effects from them again!!

sparkbubbles Tue 25-Mar-14 18:49:13

How strange! Yup take them with food. I shall see how it goes and maybe try some others...
Thanks!

thesaurusgirl Tue 25-Mar-14 18:54:30

You have to take vitamins on a full stomach, ideally after having eaten a carbohydrate-based meal.

kitkatkaty87 Wed 26-Mar-14 11:47:10

Yeah i took mine with food, i have no idea what it is in them that made me bleed, but I've got 2 unused boxes of them left now sad Hopefully i can pass them onto someone else in future.
Hopefully you wont get any side effects on pregnancare anyway though, its seems like some do and some dont smile

Nottalotta Wed 26-Mar-14 12:15:12

I have had seven seas and pregnacare and they both cause constipation. I take them after my evening meal. I'm a bit annoyed as i bought the pregnacare on special offer but am off out to buy plain folic acid now.

kitkatkaty87 Wed 26-Mar-14 14:40:35

You don't think at the time of buying - will this have side effects though, I thought nothing of it - just like buying a multivitamin! Had no idea, just went for one which looked good.
I've not had constipation on either but have heard that from others - I think the iron can cause that. I have been trying to eat loads of fruit and veg too, so maybe that balances it out for me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now