Talk

Advanced search

My BFP today proved my £80 CBFM was not accurate!

(7 Posts)
amylou85 Sat 22-Mar-14 21:26:04

Hiya guys

Just a word of warning! Bought a monitor which last month told me I ovulated on day 21 (quite late). This month it went to 2 bars on day 17, stayed at 2 bars until day 27 (last saturday) which was the last day I had to wee on a stick. It peaked for 2 days.

So this week I got very tender breasts, heartburn and terrible mood swings. Today (saturday) on day 34 I took a test just to prove my silly thoughts wrong as ovulation only occured a week ago according to monitor and got my BFP at 1 - 2 weeks! Considering it takes a few days for egg to travel down and implantation to take place I couldn't of possibly peaked on day 28 like it said! I think it peaked as it was the last chance for it to do so for that month! It's a liar!

My advice would be just to have sex at least 3 times a week as we did the week I must have conceived!

m33r Sun 23-Mar-14 06:31:09

Thanks for sharing your experience ... And posting the posotive hpts; love to see them! Happy pregnancy x

blamber Sun 23-Mar-14 11:34:38

What happened is it missed your peak. That can happen sometimes, for instance if your lh surge is very quick and happens in between the mornings when you use a stick. Then on day 27 it mistook the rise in hcg because of a pregnancy for an lh surge and you got a peak. It doesn't just show a peak because you're on the last stick of the cycle.

The monitor is accurate, but of course not 100%. It's always helpful to be aware of other signs of ovulation and to keep dtd every other day throughout your cycle.

amylou85 Tue 25-Mar-14 03:22:30

Thanks blamber that makes sense. Just frustrating as I wanted to know my ovulation day to date my baby more accurately and can't! I'm now 5 weeks according to missed period but if I started with 2 bars at day 17 that would suggest I ovulated a bit later than average. So probably more like 4 and a half!

VenusDeWillendorf Tue 25-Mar-14 04:07:02

Congratulations!
This happened to us as well, sortof gave up ttcing for that cycle, thinking we'd missed ovulation, but somehow managed sperm meets egg. I think my egg must have been yodelling "hurry up" at the very end of my tube!

You may find the not quite knowing the date comes in handy if you want to work up to your due date, and maximise your maternity leave... Alternatively, you may have a birthdate earlier if that suits.
No doubt they'll measure you at the scans and come up with a date based on baby's head size etc.. <waffling on >

Congrats again.

sebsmummy1 Thu 27-Mar-14 09:43:56

I got pregnant the month the CBFM left me hanging on peak. Apparently it's a good sign that the cycle will end in BFP although I have no idea why. This month I got a text book peak on the monitor, backed up by opks in the afternoon, well timed sex and BFN.

Congratulations xxx

sebsmummy1 Thu 27-Mar-14 09:44:12

Hanging on a High even.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now