Talk

Advanced search

Anyone for whom First Response has said BFN 6 days before period...

(12 Posts)
Hedgehead Sat 22-Mar-14 18:17:00

but had a BFP after period is due?

I really tried hard this month with the OPKS, monitoring body temp, am 6 days before period now and assumed First Response would tell me, but so far BFN.

somedizzywhore1804 Sat 22-Mar-14 18:18:28

I think you are waaaay to early. I got a BFP on a frer at 11dpo.

Loopylu84 Sat 22-Mar-14 18:21:58

Defo way too early-I didnt get a BFP until the day after AF was due and that was 12DPO, I had tested from days 9 onwarda and got BFNs so I would give another week if only to save yourself wasting costly tests!

Mumraathenoisylion Sat 22-Mar-14 18:24:11

Yes I had this with dc2, with dc1 clear blue told me 4 days before.

I went a bit crazy with the pregnancy tests when I was ttc and the first response had a white indent line where the pink line eventually appeared (a few days later). I don't think it's usual and to save your own sanity I would advise you to wait until your period is due. I would also say use a digital unless you enjoy the hours you will spend inspecting the possible line on a pregnancy test under different lighting.

Hedgehead Sat 22-Mar-14 18:37:23

Thank you, reassured me a bit.

Oldiron Sat 22-Mar-14 18:43:11

Earliest I got a bfp on a fr was 4 days before I was due on - but even then the odds are against it if you read their stats.
I found superdrug's own to be just as sensitive btw, which saved me a fortune a bit of cash as I just couldn't resist poas' ing even when I knew it was too early :-)

ALittleFaith Sat 22-Mar-14 22:31:45

I got a BFP two days before AF was due at about 14 dpo. Fuzzy line on Internet cheapy, clear line on FRER. Testing early only leads to confusion.

Tranquilitybaby Sat 22-Mar-14 22:38:40

I got a bfn 2 days before AF was due with a FR but a bfp with a clearblue. X

DontputyourfingerinthejellyNel Sat 22-Mar-14 22:40:27

Yes to waiting until the morning your AF is due or the first day it is late, and using very first morning urine. And yes I am in agreement with the person who said use a digital. I always got my BFP on a digital so they must work! [Smile]
I have only come to this conclusion after 3 pregnancies which totalled months and months of going through this. Don't buy cheap internet tests that claim to be the most sensitive - that way lies you going mad. Just buy one test and take it the day it is definitely going to work.

AuntieBrenda Sat 22-Mar-14 22:45:53

I've had a faint positive on a f r today - is it meant to be paler than the other line? Like pale pink next to a sort of magenta ?
I did a clear blue this afternoon and it was bfn though
I'm confused :/

ImBrian Sat 22-Mar-14 22:48:26

The clear blue aren't as sensitive as the first response I think.

Oldiron Sat 22-Mar-14 22:50:40

That happened to me brenda only my bfp was in the afternoon and the bfn the following morning. Another test later that day said bfp which was right smile
It is said that a positive is a positive but try another test tomorrow to confirm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now