Talk

Advanced search

Stupid question about going to the dr

(12 Posts)
AuntieBrenda Sat 22-Mar-14 08:54:11

Will I look an idiot if I go to the dr for a pregnancy test?
I'm a week late. Did internet cheapo tests last week which were all neg.
did a first response last night - v faint line
Did another first response this morning and got a more visible line but it's still faint

Last month, I had a chemical pregnancy and I'm not getting my hopes up now.

I want to go to the dr to check but am I being an idiot? What do I say?

I don't trust the test

Thanks for reading x

Inshock73 Sat 22-Mar-14 09:00:09

Hi AuntieBrenda

If you go to the doctor they will give you a pregnancy test there and then, you'll just have to take a bottle to the loo and give a sample smile they have little strips like litmus paper, I know because my GP did this for me before prescribing antibiotics. Only thing I would say is their test is no better than the one you'll buy from the chemist. Good luck!

AuntieBrenda Sat 22-Mar-14 09:01:24

Thank you! I will call on Monday. thanks

RPopz Sat 22-Mar-14 12:13:20

If you're going because you've had equivocal results from the urine test, they should give you a blood test, which is far more sensitive and will confirm either way!

bessie84 Sat 22-Mar-14 13:22:57

take your first sample from the morning on monday and gp will do it for you. explain what you have said and im absolutely sure he wont think its silly. esp considering your chemical pregnancy. good luck, keep us posted hunny xxx

AuntieBrenda Sat 22-Mar-14 20:21:32

Well, in my infinite wisdom I did a clear blue this afternoon and it was negative. The first response had a faint line right away though, and I did that first thing this morning.
I will try the other clear blue first thing and either way get myself to the dr to see what is up. Something odd is clearly going on with my innards :/
I have pcos and took metformin to conceive DS so maybe something's up with my wonky ovaries

Thanks for the support ladies xx

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 22-Mar-14 21:52:30

If you have PCOS this condition does not go away of its own accord, the GP should be aware that you already have a PCOS diagnosis. PCOS can and does certainly mess with ovulation and can actually stop that from happening.

AuntieBrenda Sat 22-Mar-14 22:27:13

Opk positive results since I've been measuring, positive reading on the 3rd + this month period was due last Monday
I'm pretty clued up when it comes to pcos

AuntieBrenda Sun 23-Mar-14 16:25:19

Update - if anyone's still reading -
Just did another f r and it was pos

Def going to dr tomorrow now! smile

bessie84 Sun 23-Mar-14 18:27:08

yeyeyeyey - im still reading, put your post in my watching list smile congratulations AuntiB :-) FAB NEWS xxx

AuntieBrenda Sun 23-Mar-14 19:42:13

Cheers my dear - I'll let you know how I get on at the dr x

bessie84 Mon 24-Mar-14 11:24:45

good luck. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now